Where is the Hallmark Channel?

Contributor

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Message 436 of 787
Guru

Re: Why do I no longer get the Hallmark Channel? Will it possibly be restored?

Now, maybe my thinking is based upon the fact that I come from the generation that doesn't necessarily need TV.  That doesn't at all mean that I don't watch TV, because I do, what I mean is that I don't necessarily need to have the content spoonfed to me.  If I want the content, I'll go and get the content that I want be it from Hulu, Amazon, NetFlix, or RedBox.  I don't necessarily have to have a TV channel to provide me the entertainment that I want, I'll go and find it using whatever transmission method that it's available in.

Message 60 of 787
Scholar

Any man watching Hallmark loses his man card Smiley LOL

Message 61 of 787
Guru

I don't watch the channel myself but I'm just saying that if they dropped a channel, say... SyFy for instance, I could get my SyFy fix from somewhere else.  I can get Haven, Defiance, Warehouse 13, and Paranormal Witness from other sources.  Same goes for Discovery Channel and those four jokesters on Mythbusters.  This is proof that if you look and are open to new media sources, you can get your content elsewhere.

For instance, uVerse doesn't have BBC America in HDTV yet so when the new season of Doctor Who comes out I'll be renting the season on Amazon.com.

What I see in the future is the complete removal of the concept of "TV channels".  It will be a complete À la carte system in which if you want to watch something you simple "search" for it and it'll be streamed to your STB.  Basically like On-Demand on some seriously high amounts of steroids.  Everything you could ever want including movies of yester-year, that new episode of The Big Bang Theory, or an episode of Haven, ready to be pulled up on-demand for you at any time that you want.  No more setting your DVR, no remembering what time the show is on or what channel, those days will soon be gone.

Message 62 of 787
Contributor

Re: Hallmark Channel

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

Message 63 of 787
ACE - Master

ellemoy wrote:

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

At the top pf the same subforum that you posted, is a link to request a channel..  Click here to request it..  It does seem odd that U-Verse and one other small, regional are the only two providers not carrying it but this has been the case for years.  One of the two parties must have really offended the other.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 64 of 787
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

ellemoy wrote:

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from U-Verse since September 1, 2010. Please make your request for that channel here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

Not all providers carry the same channels. U-Verse carries channels that other providers do not have. Always check the most current channel listings before changing providers.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 65 of 787
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

ellemoy wrote:

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from U-Verse since September 1, 2013  2010 . Please make your request for that channel here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

Good luck. Not all providers carry the same channels. U-Verse carries channels that other providers do not have. Always check the most current channel listings before changing providers.

Corrected....  Smiley Very Happy

Message 66 of 787
ACE - Professor

Thank you, Skeeter, for the correction. Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 787
ACE - Master

I didn't want to give anyone a false sense of hope!  Smiley Sad

Message 68 of 787
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:

Skeeter - this is the time of the year that my wife will ask me either: 1) are we going to get the Hallmark Channel, this year or 2) what channel is it on?  The channels' big draw (besides the series with that hottie Andie Macdowell) is Holiday movies and I bet that wives and mothers will be asking their spouses or kids about Hallmark, all across U-Verse land.

Message 69 of 787
ACE - Professor

dhascall wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

Skeeter - this is the time of the year that my wife will ask me either: 1) are we going to get the Hallmark Channel, this year or 2) what channel is it on?  The channels' big draw (besides the series with that hottie Andie Macdowell) is Holiday movies and I bet that wives and mothers will be asking their spouses or kids about Hallmark, all across U-Verse land.

The only things I know Andie MacDowelll from is being the love intrest in Groundhog Day.

Is it irony that the Hallmark subject keeps coming back nearly the same every day?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 70 of 787
ACE - Master

LOVE that movie (Groundhog Day) and this is my favorite scene:

Message 71 of 787
Scholar

outfanindallas writes, "Hallmark has been gone so long the vulture Direct TV sales people at Costco are no longer using that as a reason to switch."

Crazy.

Perhaps AT&T U-verse sales reps could have been countering with telling potential subscribers that AT&T U-verse carries GSN in high definition. DirecTV, which partially owns the programmer, is just about the most major cable television provider which does not carry GSN HD.

"Go figure! And please sign up with AT&T U-verse!"

Message 72 of 787
Scholar

trparky writes, " I have to wonder what's going on in Crown Media to make them think that they need to do this.  Are they that desperate for people to watch their channel?"

Let's suppose this is accurate. That there are trolls who come here from Crown Media, the owner of Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel, and the obscure PixL.

Would Crown Media be desperate?

Yes.

Three years is a great amount of time to not have carriage with AT&T U-verse. I am not aware of the rankings of cable television providers, in terms of their numbers of subscribers, but I think AT&T U-verse is a Top 10 company. (If someone can say, I'd appreciate it.)

I have considered that pitting the two is not a bad way from which to analyze this. Who needs who more? AT&T U-verse being more in need to carry the programming from Crown Media? Or Crown Media being more in need for the carriage of its programming on AT&T U-verse? I think it's the latter.

As for the desperation part … I recall just a short while ago that Pac-12 Network was doing advertising, or something to the effect, stating that subscribers of DirecTV should leave DirecTV and go to satellite rival Dish Network. Why? DirecTV does not carry Pac-12 Network. It didn't make a deal when it launched in 2012. It still hasn't made an agreement in 2013. Dish Network does carry Pac-12 Network. How does that sound motivating to DirecTV? Mike White is the CEO of DirecTV. He has stated that the pricing from sports programmers has been getting out of line. (His take on it with representing the company and trying to keep subscriber costs somewhat in control.) I think this was incredibly stupid of Pac-12 Network. And, yet, I don't know if Pac-12 Network v. DirecTV is much different from Crown Media v. AT&T U-verse.

Message 73 of 787
Scholar

There are too many Hallmark threads, and with respect, I must say that most of you want then locked or placed into file 13.   However, you are part of the problem. 

With additional respect, most of you who post, continually, trying to justify the reasons why Hallmark channels are no longer with us are part of the problem. 

Others of you who post that the OP's are trolls and people who don't check the channel listings before subscribing to U-Verse are, again, part of the problem.

How to fix the problem ..?  quit posting ... the threads will disappear!
Message 74 of 787
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us here!

Additional Support