For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

11 years ago

From Business Wire, A Division of Berkshire Hathaway Company

-- "Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove" Launches with Stellar Ratings and Social Media Dominance. Hallmark Channel's first original scripted primetime series, "Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove", kicked off July 20 securing a 2.4 household rating with over 3.8 million unduplicated viewers. The pilot ranked as the #3-rated drama premiere on cable among households this summer to-date as well as the #1-rated ad-supported cable movie of the week and day. In addition to watching the show, viewers took social media chatter by storm, making the world premiere of "Cedar Cove" the most buzzed about primetime television program overall and #2 cable program on social media according to Trendrr Research for Saturday.

-- Hallmark Movie Channel Has a Banner Second Quarter. The network marked its highest-rated quarter in network history for total day and prime time among household delivery, registering increases of 35% in total day and 37% in primetime household delivery compared to the Second Quarter 2012 average. Hallmark Movie Channel is also pacing ahead of the competition, with its household delivery growth marking the largest year-to-year increase among all mid-sized ad-supported cable networks and the third largest increase of all 100 Nielsen measured ad-supported cable networks.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/crown-media-holdings-announces-operating-results-for-second-quarter-of-2013-2013-07-31

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

This is where I say that a press release from Crown Media will be skewed to show them in a more favoriable light. odds are good that the 2.4 they're advertising is a collective rating between the prime airing and reruns.

Also noticed how they're number 3 in a subset of a subset of a subset. You have to question how many new dramas that preiered on cable debuted this summer and then see where this show now ranks compared to this list. The only other cable drama that I can think of premiring this summer is Graceland. Then they put it into another category that shouldn't apply since it's a tv series and not a movie.

As for the Ceader Cove being the most buzzed and #2 cable program I have my doubts. WWE usually takes that since they push the social media stuff during thier show and have a much bigger viewership in 3 hours than Hallmark has all week.

This press release reminds me of this Dilbert cartoon

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

11 years ago

I understand press releases, and I have written many in my lifetime.   It doesn't take the mind of an Albert Einstein to determine that most press releases are meant to trumpet the good things about a company.   I understood that when I posted it, but it is good news for Crown, contrary to what is usually posted here.

Are certain things, sometimes, a little skewed?  For sure, because that is the way communications are relayed through the media, from big government Politics, to big business.    All want to paint a prettier picture than the one that is, actually, in the frame.

From experience, I will tell you one thing, that even an Albert Einstein needs to know, you can play semantic games all you want, but in the end, reports should contain more facts than fiction.  If not, said companies, and
individuals, will be challenged by those who can prove it.  The same reasoning is applicable to Crown Media and AT&T Uverse. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

Press releases and such can be skewed both ways.  Remember what AT&T said during all of this - "We're fighting for you."  Bwahahahaha!  That was one of the funniest things that I have ever heard.  They are fighting more for themselves and their bottom line, than any subscriber. 

Yes Hallmark is not the most popular network but they still have a following.  BUT it may be that the demograpgic may have lots to do with it.  Take two equal channels but one appeals to older women and one to younger men, advertisers will outspend 10:1 on the channel with the younger men.  That may have had something to do with it.  Radio stations do that all of the time, dump a popular format with older listeners for a younger demographic, even if fewer will tune in.

Teacher

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Is the Hallmark Channel coming back? I just signed up for UVerse and had I know it didnt carry Hallmark I WOULDNT of! Its my all time favorite and about the only thing I watch.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

11 years ago

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from Uverse since Sept. 2010.  There is no talk of it coming back.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I am mad that I just signed on yesterday and got it installed and didn't know that Hallmark Channel was not a part of it.  This needs to be done or I should just go back to Time Warner Cable!  Is this in the works??

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I wouldn't hold my breath.  Hallmark was dropped back in 2010.  I'm sure there are still ongoing talks but none of us peons will know anything until someone makes an announcement.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm in the same position.  I checked all of the channels that my kids watch, and missed that Hallmark wasn't an option.  I am extremely disappointed in this.  Other than this issue, I have been very happy with Uverse since we switched 3 weeks ago. However, we probably would have gone to another provider had I noticed this before.  Is there any chance that AT&T will continue to negotiate with Hallmark?  I have looked into streaming it online, but AT&T is not a provider they work with, therefore I cannot get it on there either.  This is one of the few channels that I actually watch, and as I said, this is highly disappointing. 

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@vmfell wrote:

I'm in the same position.  I checked all of the channels that my kids watch, and missed that Hallmark wasn't an option.  I am extremely disappointed in this.  Other than this issue, I have been very happy with Uverse since we switched 3 weeks ago. However, we probably would have gone to another provider had I noticed this before.  Is there any chance that AT&T will continue to negotiate with Hallmark?  I have looked into streaming it online, but AT&T is not a provider they work with, therefore I cannot get it on there either.  This is one of the few channels that I actually watch, and as I said, this is highly disappointing. 

We are U-Verse subscribers just like you, so no one on this forum can tell you for sure what is the status of any, if there are any, negotiations between AT&T and Crown Media, the owner of the Hallmark Channel.

As far as any of us know, there have not been any negotiations since August 31, 2010, when the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel were pulled by Crown Media off of U-Verse.

There are so many positives about U-Verse that greatly outweigh the fact that it does not have the Hallmark Channel.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.