Donjoh's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, May 12th, 2017 2:45 AM

Where is METV

I asked the customer rep. If METV was offered and she said yes.  Well, she was wrong. I switched from Spectrum because of this. Hope you are looking for satisfied customers and not just the bottom line. If not offered, I will go back too Spectrum

Chris [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Goldsboro. NC

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

7 years ago

FWIW, I believe the 136/1136 feed is a national feed and does not mirror what the subchannel airs.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

7 years ago

I compared to what was showing on 136 and on an OTA TV I have (sub-channel) and they were showing the same thing.

ME-TV offers only one schedule, regardless of the location.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Going to cancel service. I do not understand why METV can't be offered when Spectrum can. They are both cable. Going back to Spectrum. Thx

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

You're going to cancel just for MeTV?  I hope you don't have a promo and have to pay a early termination fees?

You could easily set up an OTA antenna to receive (possibly) all the local channels and sub-channels available in your area (check with TVFool.com). 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Donjoh wrote:
Going to cancel service. I do not understand why METV can't be offered when Spectrum can. They are both cable. Going back to Spectrum. Thx

No they're not. Cable uses coax to the set-top box. U-Verse uses fiber to the node (sometimes the premises) and then can use coax or CAT-5 or 6.

The only similarity is the fact that it is a wire.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

7 years ago

It appears that Goldsboro is served by Raleigh/Durham for U-Verse, and MeTV is a subchannel on the Raleigh Fox station (channel 50), which might explain why it is not on channel 136.  If you get the Washington, NC channels, MeTV is a subchannel on channel 7.

Unfortunately, a number of us have been asking U-Verse to include subchannels (especially those of us who live halfway between two major broadcast cities about 90 miles apart and so can't get antenna channels from either of them), to no avail.  If MeTV is that important, switching to Spectrum may be your only option - just be sure you didn't sign a long-term contract with U-Verse first...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.