Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Where is METV

Contributor

Where is METV

I asked the customer rep. If METV was offered and she said yes.  Well, she was wrong. I switched from Spectrum because of this. Hope you are looking for satisfied customers and not just the bottom line. If not offered, I will go back too Spectrum

Chris [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Goldsboro. NC

Message 1 of 8
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎05-11-2017 8:38 PM

Re: Where is METV

It is offered if your in the right market where METV is a primary station and not a digital sub channel

From wiki....

MeTV is carried on digital subchannels of affiliated television stations in most markets; however, some MeTV-affiliated stations carry the network as a primary affiliation on their main channel, and a small number of stations air select programs from the network alongside their regular general entertainment schedules. The network is also available nationwide on free-to- air C band satellite via SES-1 in the DVB-S format,[4] and in some markets on AT&T U-verse channels 136 (in standard definition) and 1136 (in high definition). MeTV's operations are based out of Weigel Broadcasting's corporate headquarters on North Halsted Street in Chicago,Illinois.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Professor

FWIW, I believe the 136/1136 feed is a national feed and does not mirror what the subchannel airs.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

I compared to what was showing on 136 and on an OTA TV I have (sub-channel) and they were showing the same thing.

ME-TV offers only one schedule, regardless of the location.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Going to cancel service. I do not understand why METV can't be offered when Spectrum can. They are both cable. Going back to Spectrum. Thx
Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert

You're going to cancel just for MeTV?  I hope you don't have a promo and have to pay a early termination fees?

You could easily set up an OTA antenna to receive (possibly) all the local channels and sub-channels available in your area (check with TVFool.com). 

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Message 6 of 8
ACE - Professor

@Donjoh wrote:
Going to cancel service. I do not understand why METV can't be offered when Spectrum can. They are both cable. Going back to Spectrum. Thx

No they're not. Cable uses coax to the set-top box. U-Verse uses fiber to the node (sometimes the premises) and then can use coax or CAT-5 or 6.

The only similarity is the fact that it is a wire.

Message 7 of 8

It appears that Goldsboro is served by Raleigh/Durham for U-Verse, and MeTV is a subchannel on the Raleigh Fox station (channel 50), which might explain why it is not on channel 136.  If you get the Washington, NC channels, MeTV is a subchannel on channel 7.

Unfortunately, a number of us have been asking U-Verse to include subchannels (especially those of us who live halfway between two major broadcast cities about 90 miles apart and so can't get antenna channels from either of them), to no avail.  If MeTV is that important, switching to Spectrum may be your only option - just be sure you didn't sign a long-term contract with U-Verse first...

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support