nashtn76's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, September 28th, 2019 5:12 AM

Closed

Where is Channel 1136 - MeTV?

I've been watching MeTV since I got ATT Uverse two years ago. I watched it last night, and tonight (09/27/19) I came home from work and 1136 was not there? I live in Nashville, TN. 

I'm upset!!

Tom *****

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

I see it. What happens when you type the numbers in directly?

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

It's on 66.

HORRIBLE experience. Smaller picture...not as clear...terrible pixilation, often the sound and lips are not in sync. It's just horrible.

Whatever their reason for letting this tiny station have the Nashville rights, they have done a disservice to their viewers. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

If you're watching on channel 66, you are watching the SD version which would cause the smaller/unclear picture.

Go to Menu (button)>Options>Channel>Hide Channel to see if there's an HD feed (1066) and put a check by the number so it will appear on your Guide. 

If there's no HD feed from the station, you're stuck with the SD feed.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I checked. The channel is not hidden. The channel is just not there anymore. I only watch basically two channels. Fox News Channel and MeTV. 1136 - MeTV is gone! 😭
Did ATT discontinue carrying MeTV?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks,
I found MeTV on 66 and you are right! It is horrible!!
I may end up going back to my HD Digital Antenna and dropping ATT. Of all the channels for ATT to drop, why MeTV?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

They didn't drop ME-TV for everyone.  I still have it on 136/1136 but I'm in a BIG market (Dallas) so it may be that we are getting a national feed. 

Perhaps you could contact the local station that carries METV and ask about an HD feed.   Check affiliate  HERE

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

As best I can tell, there is a national feed - like the old 1136 ATTuverse had, which individual cable providers carry. But, if AttUverse allows a local station to be a franchise, they force the local cable distributor to carry it instead of the the national feed.

Nevermind that the quality is horrible. Nevermind that their audience is forced into an inferior feed.

It is 2019...this is NOT what large screen TV's with HD and Ultra HD is all about.

But, perhaps it is what ATTuverse is all about: saving $$ ever little chance they get. I am forced to that conclusion when I read all these business articles about Uverse and Direct TV...and then see where they cannot come to terms with...CBS/ABC/ESPN/NFL,Nexstar, etc, etc when contract time comes along. It is them fighting for 'us'. No, I don't see the same level of this with other cable providers. It may be that Uverse/Direct TV is just not sustainable. Just google U-verse and carriage fees. It is constant...and then there is AT&T's clear intention to move to AT&T TV as a replacement to Direct TV and Uverse. AT&T TV, AT&T TV Now, AT&T Watch TV, DIRECTV and U-verse.  It's all too much.

It is clearly time for me to look into Comcast/Xfinity. They have a 22/1044 MeTV feed in Nashville, so I am sure the later is like the good old 1036. I just need to make sure one can record programs for later viewing.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

"No, I don't see the same level of this with other cable providers."

You haven't looked, have you?

Dish Network just failed to come to terms with Fox. They haven't had HBO since last November.

Charter had a big falling-out earlier this year.

I don't believe Comcast has ACC Network.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

One of course sees what affects one....and I have ATTUverse....so...

In any case, the business sites are pretty clear about the direction of U-verse and Direct TV. And there are no blinders on there.

The topic is MeTV. They (MeTV and U-verse) have butchered it for those of us in the Nashville area...and we will probably not be the last.

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

5 years ago

I was looking at the page on MeTV's site that was linked to above for Nashville. I don't think I've seen two different local channels listed for one network like that. After searching online I see one of them is a low power translator of the bigger affiliate. Here's the phone number I could find online for the main affiliate in Nashville. To the ones having issues you could call and ask if they are planning to improve their picture quality in the future. It will help if your not rude when inquiring. 

Here's the number @leavenfish and @nashtn76 ....

(615) 444-8206

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.