Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Where Is CHILLER CHANNEL?

Contributor

Where Is CHILLER CHANNEL?

Currently I have the U450 and I don't have the chiller channel. What is going on with this? Do I get a credit on my bill for paying for something that I'm not GETTING?

WHAT IS UP WITH ATT.....AGAIN!

Message 7 of 33
Teacher

Re: Where Is CHILLER CHANNEL?

That sux!!

Message 16 of 33
ACE - Professor

Re: CHILLER #153

The contract also states that AT&T and/or the content owners can add, remove or change programming at any time.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 33
Contributor

Re: CHILLER #153

So what is replacing it, the SCI FI channel does not show scary or horror movies, it’s a lame channel.
If I want to see those kind of movies I’ll have to see them on HULU or NETFLIX.
If that’s the case, why pay for cable?

Thx

Message 18 of 33
Tutor

Where is Chill Channel?

Has this channel been officially dropped without notice?  Is something going to replace it? If not, will we get a credit  to our billing from now on?

Message 19 of 33
ACE - Expert

Re: Where is Chill Channel?

Dropped?  No 

Killed? Yes

NBCUniversal killed ChillerTV (literally).  If you try to go to the OFFICIAL ChillerTV website, you'll see the following:

chiller.JPGChiller TV is no more.

It seems a bit ludicrous to ask for credit from AT&T for something they had no control over, doesn't it?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 20 of 33
Tutor

No it does not seem ludicrous being that we are paying for it via an AT&T
package. AT&T bought it from NCBUniversal and packaged it in a plan to the
customer at a cost. If that part of the plan is no longer available then the
customer should not have to continue paying for it. Would you think it
ludicrous if you opted to include dental on your health plan and was told
that you would continue paying the same rate if that dental plan was
dropped? After all, it's just part of the package and beyond your
employer's control!
Message 21 of 33
ACE - Expert

Well then let's hope someone offers AT&T a product that they can pass on to the customer.

Message 22 of 33
Employee

Do you read or have you ever read what your Uverse TV Terms Of Agreement actually says and that you agree to in subscribing and paying for the service?

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/legal/terms.uverseAttTermsOfService.html?referrer=

Service may be temporarily interrupted or otherwise limited for a variety of reasons; some beyond the control of AT&T. AT&T reserves the right to refuse credit allowances for interruptions of Service. AT&T also reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, at any time and from time to time, the Services (or any function or feature of the Services or any part thereof) without liability. You acknowledge that AT&T may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation, the limits set forth in the attached Schedule 1 and Schedule 2

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 23 of 33
Contributor

Chiller channel TV

My channel listing don’t show the (Chiller Channel anymore) I like watching here in Urbana, IL

Message 24 of 33
Employee

Re: Chiller channel TV

Did you search the forum before posting?

There are several threads already on this topic, the bottom line is NBCUniversal cancelled as in shut down the channel.

This has been reported at times in several locations since November 16 that the channel was going away. 

Similarly NBCUniversal shut down Esquire and Choo earlier in 2017.

If desire may sent a comment to NBCUniversal about their decision.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 25 of 33
Contributor

Chiller

what is uverse going to replace Chiller with?

Message 26 of 33
Employee

Re: Chiller

Why would they need to replace it?

Do you know of a similar channel being offered? Any new offerings would need to to negotiate a carriage agreement. 

NBCUniversal owned the channel and shut it down  They did the same earlier in the year with Cloo and Esquire. Esquire they relaunched on a digital platform (streaming). No indication NBCUniversal will do the same with Chiller thus may need to look to other ala cart subscriber's service online.

Tags (1)
Message 27 of 33
ACE - Expert

Re: Chiller channel

It's gone...forever...for everyone.  Google it.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Tags (1)
Message 28 of 33
Contributor

Losing Chiller channel

I am really mad that you took away the Chiller channel. I watched that channel a lot! Why couldn't you take one of those shopping channels? Or a sports station? I am very unhappy

Message 29 of 33
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Losing Chiller channel

So your really mad at NBCUniversal, owned by Comcast for canceling Chiller channel. 

When the channel was killed off by NBCUniversal, no provider can air that which is not being broadcast anymore.

There are several articles this was going to happen starting in November 16, 2017 that January 1st would be off air.

As someone on this forum states "Google is your friend" if you will let it answer your search questions.

Tags (1)
Message 30 of 33
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support