dbennett_1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 2:07 AM

Why is U-verse TV showing No Signal?

What to do when your TV screen shows no signal.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@swaros wrote:

what is the right channel input??  it is on channel 3

No it isn't, the coax you're basing the answer on connects different units, not from the TV to the DVR/STB.  In any case the coax was replaced by cat5e cabling, the only thing Uverse techs use nowadays. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

I had the same problem.  If you are using HDMI connections some tv's have a handshaking issue with the tv.  That was the problem with my Samsung. It would work for a while and then all of a sudden drop the connection.  I got tired of it and switched to component and have not had a problem since.  You get the same hi def picture with component that you get with HDMI. 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@dinglesby wrote:

I had the same problem.  If you are using HDMI connections some tv's have a handshaking issue with the tv.  That was the problem with my Samsung. It would work for a while and then all of a sudden drop the connection.  I got tired of it and switched to component and have not had a problem since.  You get the same hi def picture with component that you get with HDMI. 

Some users have had to use the 4th of 4 HDMI inputs to get Uverse to work properly.  With this 1225 I have now, I can use HDMI, the 2250 I had b4 had the black crush problem on HDMI.

I could see the difference between HDMI and component here on my Panasonic plasma.  Component gave a slightly 'softer' look to the image, but was fine for full-time use of it w/the 2250.

W/the 1225 I've had for about 2 months or so, I've gotten the 1005 HDMI error 1 time and an off/on of TV and 1225 fixed it.

The 1216 I had originally got HDMI errors only 2 or 3 times in 5 years of use.  2 or 3 times I had the HDMI just fail and give me 'snow' on the TV.  That required a reboot of the DVR to get it back.  During all of these the component connection worked fine. 😉

Chris

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have a main box and 3 boxes in my bedrooms, the three boxes went off, they all said no signal so I called and had an ATT rep walk me through the process. He said I needed new dvr's so they sent them to me and I hooked them up the same way and they are doing the same thing. I turn on the box/tv and it comes up saying to push the menu button on the receiver then push the wps button on the main box and wait for them to pair but they dont pair up they keep going back through the same process. I really need a tech to come to my house and help resolve this issue.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

sorry i said menu button it is the ok button

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@radbear5569 wrote:

I have a main box and 3 boxes in my bedrooms, the three boxes went off, they all said no signal so I called and had an ATT rep walk me through the process. He said I needed new dvr's so they sent them to me and I hooked them up the same way and they are doing the same thing. I turn on the box/tv and it comes up saying to push the menu button on the receiver then push the wps button on the main box and wait for them to pair but they dont pair up they keep going back through the same process. I really need a tech to come to my house and help resolve this issue.

Seems like you need to change the input on the TVs if getting the no signal message.  What they told you will do nothing as you've found out.

Press the TV button at the top, then press TV/Video until Uverse shows up.  Then press the ATT button at the top to get Uverse control back. 😉

Chris

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I have basically the same problem as ratbear.  My second TV also shows no signal.  After plugging and unplugging everything in sight, I finally got a screen that said to press the WPS on the access point for 10 sec., then press the OK button on the receiver.  After a bit a screen came on that said Connection Success (or something similar), it went off then the No Signal screen came on again, then the blue ATT Uverse screen with whirling circle came on and has been on now for about 15 min. now.  Any help would be appreciated.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I had this problem too. The other TV's were working fine, but the main TV was not. I did a hard reboot and nothing I kept getting "NO Signal" All the wires were good. THe TV had been set to HDMI3 before, so I just clicked to HDMI2 and the TV came on instantly. I dont know how I got switched from HDMI3 to HDMI2 but that might help somebody to just try a different HDMI.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have.an.older dynex t.v. and it's been working great for the last 6months and all of a sudden I went to turn it on and the t.v.turned on but went to no signal.and the ,able box.works now.I unplugged stuff but it didn't work.what can I do to fix my t.v. please help

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I've tried all of these for 2 days - no luck.  Is there someone that can do this by remote?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.