jrg167's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, May 26th, 2013 4:49 PM

What happened with todays F1 race in Monaco? my series recording starts with the finish.

I have a series setup for qualifing and the race.  The race was on NBCSHD 1640 at 4:30am ET, so it was scheduled for 7:30 AM Pacific time (I'm in CA), all found automatically via the series but the times looked correct to me as per the advertisements.   The recording says it indeed started at 7:30 and lasts 2.5 hrs.  It opens with Rosberg on the podium.  $%&@#!   Color me a very unhappy consumer.   The qualifing session was recorded just fine.   What the heck went wrong here?  When was this broadcast?   Barcelona was recorded just fine a couple of weeks ago.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

It wasnt just you, it happened to us too, start the recording only to see the podium finishers right at the beginning. Apparently it wasnt a uverse or DVR issue because if you google it, comcast people are complaining they saw the exact same thing too. Its NBC, I wish it was still with Speed.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@vkreuder wrote:

It wasnt just you, it happened to us too, start the recording only to see the podium finishers right at the beginning. Apparently it wasnt a uverse or DVR issue because if you google it, comcast people are complaining they saw the exact same thing too. Its NBC, I wish it was still with Speed.

Yup.  Please see texasguy37's chart, a few posts up that shows what network F1 will be on, between NBC, NBC Sports and CNBC.  I would make sure that you Series set up on all 3.  Of course, you will have to wait until closer to time to set the two CNBC ones.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I had the same problem with Monaco, but today's Montreal GP was an even worse mess.

I have both the quallies and the races scheduled to record at any time. It was supposed to run in real time at 10 am; that didn't happen. Then it was supposed to run at 8 pm; I went to the NBCHD channel at 7:45, we were getting a tour of the pits. It wasn't the race and the GD voice-over told us who had run the frickin' race! Then I went away, figuring the race would run at 8 pm. At 8:10, they were running a special (in German!) on Sebastian Vettel. But NO RACE. After the special, they ran a hockey game! As far as I know, the GP was not broadcast at any time today, at least in Southern California.

What a load of krap! I want my money back.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

@Greyracer wrote:

I had the same problem with Monaco, but today's Montreal GP was an even worse mess.

I have both the quallies and the races scheduled to record at any time. It was supposed to run in real time at 10 am; that didn't happen. Then it was supposed to run at 8 pm; I went to the NBCHD channel at 7:45, we were getting a tour of the pits. It wasn't the race and the GD voice-over told us who had run the frickin' race! Then I went away, figuring the race would run at 8 pm. At 8:10, they were running a special (in German!) on Sebastian Vettel. But NO RACE. After the special, they ran a hockey game! As far as I know, the GP was not broadcast at any time today, at least in Southern California.

According to the schedule above, the live race was at 11 am PDT on NBC and the replay was at 4 PM on NBCSN. 

Remember, you have to schedule recordings on the channel where they are shown.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@Greyracer wrote:

You were answered in your own thread, but getting your money back for your mistake isn't going to happen.  You need to check the broadcast schedule (I posted it in your thread).  The next two races aren't on NBCSports so they won't record on that channel.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.