jrg167's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, May 26th, 2013 4:49 PM

What happened with todays F1 race in Monaco? my series recording starts with the finish.

I have a series setup for qualifing and the race.  The race was on NBCSHD 1640 at 4:30am ET, so it was scheduled for 7:30 AM Pacific time (I'm in CA), all found automatically via the series but the times looked correct to me as per the advertisements.   The recording says it indeed started at 7:30 and lasts 2.5 hrs.  It opens with Rosberg on the podium.  $%&@#!   Color me a very unhappy consumer.   The qualifing session was recorded just fine.   What the heck went wrong here?  When was this broadcast?   Barcelona was recorded just fine a couple of weeks ago.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

The description comes from the network so if it said live then that's the information NBC provided.  I watched the race live on NBC.  The next F1 race will be live on NBC (Grand Prix of Canada) and the following race will be live on CNBC (Grand Prix of Great Britain).

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Foxtrot789 wrote:

Yes, but the problem is that on NBCSHD, the description says "Live"... and any race in the past that was aired on local stations weren't aired on SPEED channel also on Sunday.

Really upset about this - most looked forward to race of the year - ruined.

Not sure why you are upset.  For the past week, I have seen a number of commercials on NBCSHD stating that for the first time ever, the Monaco Grand Prix would be shown live on network TV.  Sorry that you missed it, but you have no reason to be upset or blame anyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwwJjg7uMYs

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Here is the full TV schedule for the Formula One Series:

2013 FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE (Subject to change, all times ET):

Date Grand Prix Time Re-Air (NBCSN) Network
Sun., March 17 Australia 1:30 a.m. 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., March 24 Malaysia 3:30 a.m. 3 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., April 14 China 2:30 a.m. 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., April 21 Bahrain 7:30 a.m. Noon NBC Sports Network
Sun., May 12 Spain 7:30 a.m. 2 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., May 26 Monaco 7:30 a.m. 10:30 a.m. NBC
Sun., June 9 Canada 2 p.m. 7 p.m. NBC
Sun., June 30 United Kingdom 7:30 a.m. Noon CNBC
Sun., July 7 Germany 7:30 a.m. Noon CNBC
Sun., July 28 Hungary 7:30 a.m. 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Aug. 25 Belgium 7:30 a.m. Midnight NBC Sports Network
Sun., Sept. 8 Italy 7:30 a.m. 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Sept. 22 Singapore 7:30 a.m. 1:30 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Oct. 6 Korea 1:30 a.m. 4 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Oct. 13 Japan 1:30 a.m. 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Oct. 27 India 5:00 a.m. 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Nov. 3 Abu Dhabi 7:30 a.m. 6 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Nov. 17 USA (Austin) 1 p.m. 6 p.m. NBC
Sun., Nov. 24 Brazil 11 a.m. 4:30 p.m. NBC

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

So I can't trust my guide to record the live event, apparently. It recorded the end of the live event and then the replay, when my DVR is set to record first airings, no replays. So I start playing the recorded race and am instantly greeted with a shot of the podium. Great. Very disappointed...I don't have to set recordings manually for other shows and events and I didn't miss a single race last season, when it aired on Speed. Really angry about this.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Did you catch the 10:30pm ET/ 7:30pm PT replay on 1640 I mentioned earlier?

Another replay is Monday 11:30pm ET/8:30pm PT, in the Guide. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

The point is, I have the DVR set to record series, first run only, no replays, and the first frame I see when I start playing the recording is the podium, followed by the post race, and then the replay of the race. Having immediately seen the podium, I don't much care when they are playing replays!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@FreeJack2k2 wrote:
The point is, I have the DVR set to record series, first run only, no replays, and the first frame I see when I start playing the recording is the podium, followed by the post race, and then the replay of the race. Having immediately seen the podium, I don't much care when they are playing replays!

That's because you set it up wrong by an incorrect change from ET to PT.  Guess you're not interested in the race as you already know who won. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

If you think that F1 is messed up with NBC, 640/1640 and CNBC, try the NASCAR Nationwide Series.  They can be on ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN Classic (Richmond in May) and ABC.   I have Series recordings on all four networks.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Dave, you forgot ESPNNews (ESN 604/1604), 1 race was already there and another one 9/21. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

Maybe it was ESPN News and not Classic but long story short, if you don't have all of those other channels set, ESPN 2 will often still record their first replay as a First Run as it is the first time that it aired, on 1606.  AND in 2015, ESPN isn't going to bid on all Nationwide races, meaning more channels will have to be scheduled.  Yecch!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.