What happened to Gol TV?

Scholar

What happened to Gol TV?

Yesterday it was on now I get a "You are not subscribed to this channel" message.

Message 1 of 28 (7,372 Views)
Expert

Re: What happened to Gol TV?

Here is an interesting article about the demise of Gol TV:

http://www.bundesligarama.com/gol-tv-german-football-cable-satellite-nbc-sports-bein-2/

Message 16 of 28 (6,599 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is Bull. Watching Bundesliga on Saturday mornings is how I started all of my weekends, and now all i have is yet again bitter taste from the cable company. I can't believe that you can't find a channel in North America that will show German league, that is such a miss. BeIn - who watches French league? So many channels on the tube and nothing to watch.

Its all about where can i get more money and not what people want to watch.

South Park last week was awsome, it just showed what cable companies do to their viewers.

TV is not for us its for them to rip us off.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Message 17 of 28 (6,580 Views)
Contributor

Are you kidding us AT&T? Where is GolTV or any other sports channel that would broadcast Bundesliga? Not just that GolTV is gone, it was taken away without any any propper announcement. In fact it's still listed as part of the lineup that I subscribed to!! Unbelievable. When will GolTV be back?

Message 18 of 28 (6,506 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

For those first time posters, if you had read the article that Texasguy37 had provided, you would have seen that the current trend among television providers is to drop the English version of Gol TV, and have the Spanish version as an add-on.

http://www.bundesligarama.com/gol-tv-german-football-cable-satellite-nbc-sports-bein-2/

So far Comcast has dropped the channel entirely while Verizon Fios and Direct TV only have it as a Spanish language add-on. The article indicated that Gol TV could be on the way out with Time Warner and Cox.

I realize that the fact that Gol TV is being dropped by other providers does not make it better for U-Verse subscribers. I just wanted to indicate that U-Verse is not the only provider dropping Gol TV.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 28 (6,499 Views)
ACE - Professor

FOX

BeIN has been paying providers to be carried. This has been reported all over the internet. However, they are NOT paying providers to drop any channel.

Due to BeIN snatching up a lot of leagues from GolTV, that channel has been dropped from a lot of providers over the past year or so. The fact that AT&T still has any resemblance of GOLTV should he a good thing to fans of that channel.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 28 (6,456 Views)

Message 21 of 28 (5,919 Views)
Contributor

To get DVD playable on Blackberry playbook and other portable deivce, you need convert DVD movies to its playable format such as AVI, and 

Message 22 of 28 (5,682 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are avid football fans following many Euro teams. I complained to customer service about losing GOL TV and was told it was moved to the Spanish package. This makes no sense because the broadcast is in English for Euro matches. 

After reaching a supervisor, I found I could add the Spanish package to my Uverse 450 for an introductory offer of $25 less than what I'm paying in total for three months. 

I told them they had three months to add GOL TV back to 450, offer me the Spanish package for free or I'd be canceling all ATT products. Uverse 450, Phone, Internet, 2 iPhones, 2 iPads. 

Message 23 of 28 (5,628 Views)
ACE - Professor

Tenoch271 wrote:

We are avid football fans following many Euro teams. I complained to customer service about losing GOL TV and was told it was moved to the Spanish package. This makes no sense because the broadcast is in English for Euro matches. 

After reaching a supervisor, I found I could add the Spanish package to my Uverse 450 for an introductory offer of $25 less than what I'm paying in total for three months. 

I told them they had three months to add GOL TV back to 450, offer me the Spanish package for free or I'd be canceling all ATT products. Uverse 450, Phone, Internet, 2 iPhones, 2 iPads. 

What a nice attitude you bring with your threats on your first post on this forum. I guess you will be canceling all of your ATT products because from what I seem to understand is that almost all of the providers no longer have GOL TV in their English language packages.

beIN Sports has replaced GOL-TV on a lot of providers. AT&T, Direct, Comcast, and Verizon have or will be removing GOL-TV from their English language packages. You can Google links to verify that information.

Message 24 of 28 (5,613 Views)
ACE - Scholar

Good luck with your new service. They will not give it to you free,

Message 25 of 28 (5,602 Views)
ACE - Professor

hex731 wrote:

Good luck with your new service. They will not give it to you free,

He is probably not even a U-Verse subscriber. I doubt we will ever hear from him again.

Message 26 of 28 (5,587 Views)
Expert

Tenoch271 wrote:

Looks like you will be canceling all of your AT&T products.  Good luck with your new providers.  

By the way, I really do which you luck in finding any provider who still carries Gol TV outside of a Spanish Package.  I think you are in for a big surprise.

Message 27 of 28 (5,560 Views)

[ Edited ]

Tenoch271 wrote:

If you spoke to one of our CSRs for the company I work for you wouldn't have a choice, we'd fire you. Our systems support, tax support nor our CSRs have to put up with attitude.  As has been said before, good luck, GolTV is going the way of TNN, gone and it's programming absorbed by other networks.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 28 of 28 (5,544 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.