oobleck's profile

Scholar

• 

389 Messages

Friday, December 13th, 2013 3:39 AM

What happened to Classical Masterpieces?

A couple days ago I discovered that the Music Choice channels had been renumbered.  No problem, I thought, I'll just unhide whatever channel Classical Masterpieces is now on.  Wrong!  It's nowhere to be found, either in the channel list or the MC app, though it's still available on musicchoice.com.  Why would AT&T carry only 46 of the 50 MC channels?

--

oobleck

Scholar

• 

389 Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:
I have never taken advantage of Music Choice or it's predecessor, but I still hate to see any music channels dropped. I enjoy classical music at times, but I prefer listening to my own CD's.  I have never been able to get into using a television music channel for my enjoyment. I should check out the remaining channels.

Classical Masterpieces is nice because it runs stuff I've never heard before.  The light classical channel is OK for background music, especially if you go for baroque, but it doesn't play longer works and most of what it plays I've heard a million times.

--

oobleck

Scholar

• 

389 Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:
  I also looked at another doc, in that schema that said that Tejano, Instrumentals and some Italian channel, were the new overflows.  So, I'm a bit confused.

Me too.  MC's list (thanks for the link, JefferMC) shows Singers & Swing, Easy Listening, Classical Masterpieces, and Light Classical as being in the new 47 through 50 range.  Of the 4 channels in that range, CM is the only one AT&T doesn't have.  AT&T also doesn't have Love Songs (20), Romances (40), and Stage & Screen (42), so we'll probably be hearing from fans of those.

It really doesn't matter whose "fault" it is, I just don't want to lose my favorite MC channel.

--

oobleck

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Comcast still carries Classical Masterpieces.  I learned that at Christmas dinner last night at a friend's who has Comcast service.  It would appear that AT&T figures its Uverse subscribers are of the low-brow sort.  Comcast must have higher class clientele.  

I listened to MC CM more than any other of my 200 channels because of its remarkably good classical programming.  Time to think about switching to a provider that has a higher opinion of its customers.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@io wrote:

Comcast still carries Classical Masterpieces.  I learned that at Christmas dinner last night at a friend's who has Comcast service.  It would appear that AT&T figures its Uverse subscribers are of the low-brow sort.  Comcast must have higher class clientele.  

I listened to MC CM more than any other of my 200 channels because of its remarkably good classical programming.  Time to think about switching to a provider that has a higher opinion of its customers.

So you watch an audio channel the most out of every channel on your service? Might I suggest that you lower your package or subscribe to XM radio instead.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@io wrote:

I will never understand people like this poster who want to leave U-Verse because of a music channel not being there anymore. Maybe I am weird, but I subscribed to U-Verse primarily for it's television channels and secondarily for the internet.

According to the opinion of this poster named io, U-Verse must think that we are all straight out of Deliverance. In fact, I was talking to someone at a Christmas dinner last night who remarked that the chairman of the board of AT&T. "got a real pretty mouth, ain't he?"

Again, I do not believe that this poster is an actual U-Verse subscriber. Quiting U-Verse because of one music channel when there are plenty of other methods of listening to classical music? Please!! Give me a break.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@io wrote:

I will never understand people like this poster who want to leave U-Verse because of a music channel not being there anymore. Maybe I am weird, but I subscribed to U-Verse primarily for it's television channels and secondarily for the internet.

According to the opinion of this poster named io, U-Verse must think that we are all straight out of Deliverance. In fact, I was talking to someone at a Christmas dinner last night who remarked that the chairman of the board of AT&T. "got a real pretty mouth, ain't he?"

Again, I do not believe that this poster is an actual U-Verse subscriber. Quiting U-Verse because of one music channel when there are plenty of other methods of listening to classical music? Please!! Give me a break.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

I am with you. I could care less whether or not my TV had any music channels.  If I want to listen to music I have a radio, an MP3 player as well as I HeartRadio on my phone and PC.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I, too, would like to have Classical Masterpieces restored rather than the dozens of "popular" Music Choice channels targeting the 18-34 demographic.

The snarky attitude of the so-called gurus on this board is a disgrace.

Isn't your objective to be helpful? Then be helpful rather than insulting us.

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

10 years ago

@pduggan1 wrote:

The snarky attitude of the so-called gurus on this board is a disgrace.

Isn't your objective to be helpful? Then be helpful rather than insulting us.

I second that.  Contrary to widespread belief, just putting up a post should not be viewed as an invitation to snarky attacks.  They may justify it all they want, but in the end, they're wrong.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

my previous provider had music choice.....then 6 months ago switched to galaxie....talk about sucky music.....so when uverse was available in my area...i jumped on it......

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I found out last night at 9 pm that  canno longer get my "Light Classical" music on my TV and Have to have internet to get any of the music stations.  That STINKS!!!  Also O have to get HD service to get the picture to fit my TV screen!!!

It seems like my bill keedps going up with less service!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.