marlab46's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, February 10th, 2014 2:05 AM

What happened to AMC? We were looking forward to the new season of Walking Dead?

What the H happend?  We recently switched to ATT Uverse and now we find out that we can't get AMC?  Does anyone have it on their tv?  We were looking forward to watching The Walking Dead tonight!!!  And Mad Men is coming on in the next few months.  Why weren't we alerted to this?

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

10 years ago

Your right 1119 HD WalKing Dead is filmed in my home state of Georgia filming industry has really taken down here .

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

As usual, the original first time poster ( I have no idea why there is a 3 under their name) never came back to acknowledge that AMC SD and HD is still present. Another drive-bye One Post One and Done Wonder.

I certainly hope they found AMC last night and was able to watch "Walking Dead". 

I've been worried sick about that.....  Smiley Very Happy

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

As usual, the original first time poster ( I have no idea why there is a 3 under their name) never came back to acknowledge that AMC SD and HD is still present. Another drive-bye One Post One and Done Wonder.

I certainly hope they found AMC last night and was able to watch "Walking Dead". 

I've been worried sick about that.....  Smiley Very Happy

Skeeter, I hope you were able to get some sleep at least.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

Maybe those posts were deleted? The funny thing is that if they had tuned to the old AMC location any time in January (or thereabouts), they would have seen a blue screen with a message saying "AMC has moved to 119 or in HD to 1119" or some such message.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

This one really needs to be locked.  Chances are great that the OP is a new subscriber and went to where the channel guide that he was given, said AMC was and it was gone.  Note to AT&T, leave a "slide" on the old channels for a bit longer, IMHO.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

This one really needs to be locked.  Chances are great that the OP is a new subscriber and went to where the channel guide that he was given, said AMC was and it was gone.  Note to AT&T, leave a "slide" on the old channels for a bit longer, IMHO.

I would support the idea of a slide or even some sort of mechanism to "move" to the new spot. Say someone types in 1795 or whatever, why not have a screen that says "You will be automatically taken to AMC's new spot at 1119 in ten seconds."

Of course, that may not be able to happen for the same reasons why auto-tune doesn't exist. But yeah, at least a slide can be hidden easily. I think I hid 1795 just a few moments into 1/1/2014.

Another idea? Why not stick those threads to the top that TexasGuy starts? The two most current could be stuck. When March's thread has started, remove January's thread.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

I would support the idea of a slide or even some sort of mechanism to "move" to the new spot. Say someone types in 1795 or whatever, why not have a screen that says "You will be automatically taken to AMC's new spot at 1119 in ten seconds."

Of course, that may not be able to happen for the same reasons why auto-tune doesn't exist. But yeah, at least a slide can be hidden easily. I think I hid 1795 just a few moments into 1/1/2014.

Another idea? Why not stick those threads to the top that TexasGuy starts? The two most current could be stuck. When March's thread has started, remove January's thread.

All are absolutely great suggestions!  

On another front (but similar) I have always wondered why U-Verse doesn';t popup a little box like Comcast does when viewers with HD are watching an SD channel that says "You could be watching this channel in HD on channel 1xxx.  I know that this is now possible as there is a bug on 1640 that pops up and that directs folks to the Olympic app channel of 1094.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

As usual, the original first time poster ( I have no idea why there is a 3 under their name) never came back to acknowledge that AMC SD and HD are still present. Another drive-bye One Post One and Done Wonder.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

He posted 3x and his posts were merged.  He is a true OPW as he posted at 6 PM and last visited at 6:07.  I bet he found the answer on his own, and never came back.  It's not as bad as a Hallmark or Blaze OPW, but I'm happy that he probably got his answer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.