We use a Wii to stream Netflix on U-verse TV. Is there an easier way?

Highlighted
Contributor

We use a Wii to stream Netflix on U-verse TV. Is there an easier way?

Streaming

Message 1 of 7 (4,782 Views)
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author judybewley
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: We use a Wii to stream Netflix on U-verse TV. Is there an easier way?

[ Edited ]

Easier generally means more upfront expense and you already have one that is paid for.

AT LEAST SIX WAYS exist.....
1) best, in my opinion, requires no other device, a Smart Tv aka Netwoked HDTV
2) Network BluRay players allowing dual purpose
3) streaming video devices such as Roku or Apple TV.
4) Game Consoles, multifunctional, opinions vary on best but most likely ranked PS3,4 followed by Xbox360, Xbox One, then Wii (subjective)
5) iOS devices such as iphone or ipad with an adapter cable, believe limited to standard definition not HD)

6) use a pc with cable between pc and tv.

While choice is good, cost and resolution to tv varies.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (4,771 Views)
ACE - Expert

I think MT covered the waterfront on what is available. I would like to add some observations/perceptions & encourage others to do the same.

I believe the easiest way is generally the way you are already doing it, because you already have it and you are used to it. Unless you have a step you want too eliminate or you see a bell & whistle that really appeals to you.

All these possibilities are pretty much the same software to enhance the desirability of the device in the overall market. And, have similar interfaces.

I had experience with two smart TVs and found they had very low amount of content. Of course, if you want just Netflix, that is not an issue.

Samsung seems to have the most robust content, but there were a number of threads/posts on difficulty of connecting to the internet.

IOS devices are good for small screen viewing, but if you try to connect it to a big screen it may be blocked from playing.

Since I am insatiable for content, I prefer the computer to TV method. Virtually no limits on access due to the device. I was lucky that I was in the market for a new computer the Mac mini came out with an HDMI output.

Check out my avatar. The top TV is used for computer access & second screen PIP for u-verse TV.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (4,757 Views)
Contributor

I use a USB cable to my laptop to stream movies from Netflix to the TV, and it worked until I got the updated wireless WIFI.  Now it shows everything except when the movie starts the screen is reduced to about 2 inches..  I select the same source to connect it to my PC as before, but seems the movies are now blocked.  I can't figure it out!  Help?

Message 4 of 7 (1,952 Views)
ACE - Expert

Does the two inch screen have a time elapsed at the bottom with other controls? Look for the square with arrows pointing out at corners. Click it to  to expand the small screen & fill the whole screen.

You may need to mouse over the bottom of the screen to display the controls & time bar.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7 (1,932 Views)
Contributor

How do you use the Wii? I have been plugging the thing in since before we had Uverse..now we do, and they didn’t tell me how to use it as I was doing it the other way AT The time. Didn’t know until later that it wasn’t working right...I sure don’t want to call them over here again..it was an ordeal then!

Message 6 of 7 (1,921 Views)
ACE - Expert

nancyleigh wrote:
How do you use the Wii? I have been plugging the thing in since before we had Uverse..now we do, and they didn’t tell me how to use it as I was doing it the other way AT The time. Didn’t know until later that it wasn’t working right...I sure don’t want to call them over here again..it was an ordeal then!

Go here for setup help:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10540

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 7 of 7 (1,898 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.