We need beIN Sport!!!

We need beIN Sport!!!

Why AT&T don't have beIN Sport? I regret to have AT&T! I can't watch the most important soccer games. Someone knows if AT&T will offer beIN Sport soon?

Message 44 of 152
Contributor

Re: beIn Sports and Watch ESPN

There shouldn't even be a debate about the popularity of soccer in this context. AT&T UVerse already carries Fox Soccer Channel (not to mention GolTV and Univision). The Fox Soccer Channel channel is already going away. This is due to their loss of the Premier League and MLS to NBC along with US Men's National Team games to ESPN and BeIN. When that channel leaves and combines with Speed to become Fox Sports One, then AT&T should just add BeIN in its place. Makes sense to me.

Message 30 of 152

wonkothesane1 wrote:

There shouldn't even be a debate about the popularity of soccer in this context. AT&T UVerse already carries Fox Soccer Channel (not to mention GolTV and Univision). The Fox Soccer Channel channel is already going away. This is due to their loss of the Premier League and MLS to NBC along with US Men's National Team games to ESPN and BeIN. When that channel leaves and combines with Speed to become Fox Sports One, then AT&T should just add BeIN in its place. Makes sense to me.

It all comes down to the amount of $$$ that the other channel wants vs the number of people that would actually watch the channel.  

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 31 of 152

wonkothesane1 wrote:

Perhaps, but keep in mind that Fox Sports 1 isn't starting until mid-August.

AT&T can get quite confused when it comes to negotiating for channels - just ask any WWE fan who remembers when WWE On Demand was removed at the end of 2011 (yes, I meant 2011, not 2012) after WWE announced that it would be going away once the WWE Network channel started up "in April" - and even when it became obvious to everybody that WWE Network wouldn't start up by April 2013, much less April 2012, AT&T still probably thinks the new channel is "too close to starting to make negotiating a contract for WWE On Demand not worthwhile."

Also don't assume that beIN is necessarily at the top of AT&T's list - there's also Hallmark Channel, NHL Network, BBC America HD,...

Message 32 of 152
Contributor

Re: Getting BeIN Sport Station

I too would like AT&T to add BeIN sports.  It is now the home for the FIM World Superbike racing series, recently dropped by Speed as they move the station into "traditional" sports.

Message 33 of 152
Contributor

I too would like AT&T to add BeIN sports.  It is now the home for the FIM World Superbike racing series, recently dropped by Speed as they move the station into "traditional" sports.

Message 34 of 152
ACE - Master

kylelaurakman wrote:

Well that is a start.  I am decidedly NOT a soccer fan but by visiting this link, I see that there is lots there to watch.  So, why not AT&T?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 35 of 152

Watching MLS is watching paint dry!  By the way, MLS is sponsored by ATT.  How pointless.  BeIn Sport shows some of the best soccer in the world.  It's clear you've never watched high level soccer so you wouldn't know the difference if it fell out of the sky and landed on your face.  It would have to do that since you can't watch it on ATT Uverse.

Tags (1)
Message 36 of 152

pcarlson79 wrote:

Watching MLS is watching paint dry!  By the way, MLS is sponsored by ATT.  How pointless.  BeIn Sport shows some of the best soccer in the world.  It's clear you've never watched high level soccer so you wouldn't know the difference if it fell out of the sky and landed on your face.  It would have to do that since you can't watch it on ATT Uverse.

I've been to UEFA Cup matches in Monaco and was stationed in Naples Italy and went to several Seria A matches, I've also gone to see FC Dallas matches in person.  HUGE difference watching a game in person and watching on TV.  Watching soccer on tv is about the same as watching paint dry it's just not exciting.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 37 of 152
Contributor

iSince I have done the petition and everything to get this channel. So hopeful this post will help also

Message 38 of 152
Contributor

Are we getting bein any time soon? I don't know how many times I've requested this channel myself!!! Is there anything else we can do????

Message 39 of 152
Contributor

Any new piece of news? I don't know how many times I've requested this channel, here or in facebook or even calling, and there's been no action taken from AT&T. Extremely frustrating

Message 40 of 152
Scholar

Maybe with Fox Soccer Channel being rebranded and Goal TV going under there could be a chance Uverse adds beIN Sports at some point if enough people request it .
Message 41 of 152
ACE - Professor

Any proof of GolTV going under? You could be right though. AT&T might think there'll be a desire for an international sports channel and BeIN would fit that bill quite nicely.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 42 of 152
Scholar

I have heard rumors that was having trouble but i don't for sure that Gol TV will no longer exist .
Message 43 of 152
ACE - Expert

Re: We need beIN Sport!!!

Might be a problem cause Al Jazerra owns part of beIn sports.  ATT dropped Current TV when Al Jazerra bought it. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 45 of 152
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support