Explore & discover

Helpful Links

We need beIN Sport!!!

We need beIN Sport!!!

Why AT&T don't have beIN Sport? I regret to have AT&T! I can't watch the most important soccer games. Someone knows if AT&T will offer beIN Sport soon?

Message 44 of 152
Expert

Re: We need beIN Sport!!!

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Might be a problem cause Al Jazerra owns part of beIn sports.  ATT dropped Current TV when Al Jazerra bought it. Smiley Wink

I believe you meant that Time Warner dropped Current TV after the acquistion.  Current TV (channel 189) is still in the U-verse lineup.  

By the way, it is interesting that Time Warner does carries beIN Sport.

Message 46 of 152
Tutor

Hey guys will multiple requests for a channel on att count or it only shows up 1 time no matter how many times we petition for Bein.  Maybe someone needs to start a twitter campaign or something, you might get nonscribers to join in for fun lol

Message 47 of 152
Tutor

Re: Getting BeIN Sport Station

Start a twitter campaign or something.  There are also other sports although soccer is a big part of it.  We need to act with one voice!!

Message 48 of 152
Expert

@texasguy37 wrote:

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Might be a problem cause Al Jazerra owns part of beIn sports.  ATT dropped Current TV when Al Jazerra bought it. Smiley Wink

I believe you meant that Time Warner dropped Current TV after the acquistion.  Current TV (channel 189) is still in the U-verse lineup.  

By the way, it is interesting that Time Warner does carries beIN Sport.

All Jazerra and Turner Broadcasting System, a division of Time Warner own beIn sports. 

I no longer have Current though. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 49 of 152
Expert

Re: Getting BeIN Sport Station

Might be a problem as it's owned by Al Jazerra and Turner Broadcasting System, a division of Time Warner.

ATT is a direct competitor to TWC in many markets and they are under no requirement to offer it to ATT, but Comcrap may be a different situation.  Cable companies have stuck together on many programming situations to keep it from ATT. Smiley Wink

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Message 50 of 152
Expert

Current TV is available in the U300 and above packages.

Message 51 of 152
Expert

Re: beIn Sports and Watch ESPN

Could just pay extra for Fox Soccer +, as I think bein sports will be if ATT gets it. Smiley Wink

Chris

Message 52 of 152

When I switched from DirecTV back in March I knew what I was getting into with Uverse not having BeIN but I assumed it was only a matter of time until it was added. This has already overtaken Gol TV in terms of the leagues they have rights to - La Liga, Serie A, English Championship, Capital One Cup, North & South American WC qualifiers, etc. I'm really hoping this gets added soon and also that they carry the Premier League Extra Time overflow channels announced by NBC for their coverage this fall. They say that they are making them available to providers that have NBC Sports Network so I guess it's really just a question of bandwidth. At the very least I would like to see Uverse become a partner provider for the NBC Sports Live Extra service so I can watch them on my iPad.
Message 53 of 152
ACE - Professor

I have heard nothing about any EPL overflow channels. I always assumed CNBC, MSNBC, USA, etc. would be used.

U-Verse doesn't use traditional "bandwidth." Basically, the box puts out a request for whichever channel to be sent.

As far as BeIN sports, it *is* only a matter of time. Unfortunately, no one knows how long.

With NBC's iPad thing, U-Verae typically adds new channels and services when the contracts are up for renewal. These renewals are announced in advance.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 54 of 152
Expert

From the link below:

1. I already get NBC Sports Network, so I’ll be able to watch 100% of the live Premier League matches on television. Just because you subscribe to NBC Sports Network via your TV provider doesn’t mean you’ll be able to (1) get Premier League Extra Time, which are the overflow TV channels showing live games and (2) get EPL matches streamed live on NBC Sports Live Extra. Check with your TV provider to make sure that they’ll be offering these two options to you.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/04/23/top-7-misconceptions-about-nbcs-premier-league-coverage/

Message 55 of 152
Expert

Also, here is a breakdown of where the EPL matches will be televised:

The 380 English Premier League fixtures by platform is as follows:

NBC: 20 live EPL matches

NBCSN: 154 live EPL matches

Premier League Extra Time: 184 live EPL matches

Telemundo/Mun2: 76 live EPL matches

Other NBCU Channels: 22 live EPL matches

NBC Sports Live Extra: 380 live EPL matches

http://www.livesoccertv.com/news/7234/nbc-sports-group-presents-multi-platform-coverage-for-all-380-...

Message 56 of 152

Wow. I'm really glad I saw this. I'm in San Francisco, where UVerse is just rolling out. I signed up for UVerse last weekend, but it won't be installed 'til next Friday. I haven't cancelled Comcast yet, and if Bein is not really just around the corner, I'll be cancelling my UVerse order. Calling AT&T tomorrow to ask, but no Bein is a nonstarter for our family. Soccer, college and international men's & women's volleyball, and so many other sports - it's the channel we watch most.

I can't stand Comcast and UVerse is a LOT less expensive (and we did have it in San Jose, before Bein was out at all), but no Bein, no customer here. Sorry.

Message 57 of 152
Expert

@New user in SF wrote:

Wow. I'm really glad I saw this. I'm in San Francisco, where UVerse is just rolling out. I signed up for UVerse last weekend, but it won't be installed 'til next Friday. I haven't cancelled Comcast yet, and if Bein is not really just around the corner, I'll be cancelling my UVerse order. Calling AT&T tomorrow to ask, but no Bein is a nonstarter for our family. Soccer, college and international men's & women's volleyball, and so many other sports - it's the channel we watch most.

I can't stand Comcast and UVerse is a LOT less expensive (and we did have it in San Jose, before Bein was out at all), but no Bein, no customer here. Sorry.

Did you not know that U-verse did not carry beIN Sport when you placed your U-verse order?

Message 58 of 152

Nope, I didn't. And clearly my bad. But y'know - most of the folks I know watch it. My kid's friends watch it with their families. I also didn't check to see if they had CNN or ESPN or USA or any of the half-dozen other channels that we occasionally watch. I know they had the extra Fox Soccer channel, but have heard that Fox is discontinuing it. Never occurred to me that they *wouldn't* have Bein.

I have been trying to get Uverse here since moving from San Jose and being stuck with crappy Comcast. When the AT&T guy came door-to-door last week signing people up, I was so excited to be getting away from Comcast that I didn't ask. Yeah - I assumed they'd have Bein, and I'm stunned and disappointed that they don't.
Message 59 of 152
Contributor

When will be available beIN Sports on Uverse?

We switch from DirecTV just because to have HD without to pay extras for each box. But the lady operator laid when she said that beIN Sports was included in the package. Now when Barcelona plays I only can see it 2 o 3 days after... or worst.. NEVER! Last week.. Barcelona Malaga..for example... or yeaterday Argentina- Colombia... no Fox Sports, no even Gol TV... is incredible!!! I'm furious!  We are thinking next month switch back to DirecTV... or even Comcast have it!

Message 60 of 152
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support