For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
levancj's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 12th, 2018 7:32 PM

Watching and recording

I looked up information on watching and recording, and it said that up to four channels could be watched and or recorded at the same time. Then it said " note that this does not say 4 HD channels, as HD is an option."   What does that mean? If two of the channels being watched or recorded are HD channels, then you only get two? 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

Everyone is limited to 4 streams.  Your "profile" determines how many HD streams and how many SD streams you get.  It sounds like you don't have Uverse TV and are just doing some fact finding.  MOST customers get 4 HD streams but that is not guaranteed (hence the phrase "up to").

Unfortunately, you won't know if there are limitations until the tech comes out to install the service.

Do you currently have Uverse TV?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, we do have Uverse. Just hadn't run into this before because we seldom record more than one program at a time, and maybe watch something.on another channel while recording. Then my daughter was recording several items upstairs and we suddenly couldn't watch TV in the family room, until she deleted one.

Pretty much everything we watch is HD, so I assume we have the 4 "streams." But where do I find our profile in order to check that?

Thanks,
Cheryl

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

To see your profile lick the following sequence on you uverse remote:

menu->options->system->system information->system resources

Also check this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.