WWME and 2 other channels gone?

Teacher

WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Message 1 of 118 (9,078 Views)
Contributor

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am also  very fustrated  and about to pull all and everything to do with AT&T Uverwse, wireless, Land line phone and internet. This is the last straw. First  my wifes channels DYI (came back) and  Hall mark and now the only ones I watch at Night and catch up on some old favorites. i record my favorites on WWME on the DVR to watch at night. I want those channels and if AT&T does not restore them, then I will find a provider that will provide them. I am also upset about the changes to IM on the wireless plans changing to uses smart phone data rates then the free IM service which contract called for.  

I am upset there were no messages about this in the U-verse message system and is totally non acceptable.  If I were to do this to my customers I would be out of business! 

Please Bring Back WWME and it's sister station before I start calling Comcast.to transfer all services. 

Message 31 of 118 (3,747 Views)
Scholar

Got a reply from Weigel Broadcasting.  Here's what they said:

"We expect service to be restored quickly to viewers within approximately 20-miles of downtown Chicago. We are working closely with AT&T to thereafter restore service to all other Chicago area viewers."

Sounds like we're gonna get WWME back.  Stay tuned......

Message 32 of 118 (3,687 Views)
Expert

k9jdk wrote:

"We expect service to be restored quickly to viewers within approximately 20-miles of downtown Chicago. We are working closely with AT&T to thereafter restore service to all other Chicago area viewers."

Did they indicate the reason for the removal from the U-verse lineup?

Message 33 of 118 (3,680 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

texasguy37 wrote:

k9jdk wrote:

Did they indicate the reason for the removal from the U-verse lineup?

Nope.  I quoted their entire reply.

Message 34 of 118 (3,679 Views)
Expert

Thanks.  The way that restoral will take place sounds odd.  It may not be related to a carriage dispute, but some other reason.

Message 35 of 118 (3,678 Views)
Contributor

I also did not receive notification that AT&T u-verse TV was dropping my two favorite stations - WWME (23) and WMEU (48).   When both stations disappeared on June 26, I called customer service.  They didn't know what was going on, so they transferred me to technical support.   First, technical support told me that both stations were having technical difficulties and the problem should be resolved in 24 hours.  But later that day, they called me back and said the stations closed down and they would no longer be available to watch.   I asked if this issue was true with AT&T only, or with all cable companies.  They told me it was "everyone", which I found out later was not true (A friend of mine still gets both stations with Comcast).   I am so unhappy and disappointed with AT&T right now.  If they don't bring these two stations back, I'm definitely going to consider other options.  I feel like I'm wasting my money since I usually don't watch the other stations. 

Message 36 of 118 (3,606 Views)
Contributor

Channels are unavailable

Channels 23 & 48 are no longer available in my area. I question the value of ATT services, as Channels , like Hallmark and WWME are not available.  

Message 37 of 118 (3,597 Views)
Tutor

I love watching the old TV shows. Thats the only thing I watch in the early evening. How could you AT&T take this away from us. First you take away Halmark which other carriers have, now this. How RUDE. Why don't you renew your contract?????? Whats going on with you???????

Message 38 of 118 (3,565 Views)
Scholar

Please read message 32 in this thread BEFORE you comment on channel 23 - MeTV going away.

Message 39 of 118 (3,555 Views)

It continues to.amaze me that AT&T still does not get It. They keep alienating their customers by pulling popular channels. First Hallmark, then Scripps HGTV, etc. remember that fiasco?. Now weigle broadcasting METV. And soon Amc. Both cable companies carry all here in Elgin, Comcast and WOW. Come on AT&T you are losing whatever competitive advantage you may have had!!
Message 40 of 118 (3,488 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Citizen60123 wrote:
It continues to.amaze me that AT&T still does not get It. They keep alienating their customers by pulling popular channels. First Hallmark, then Scripps HGTV, etc. remember that fiasco?. Now weigle broadcasting METV. And soon Amc. Both cable companies carry all here in Elgin, Comcast and WOW. Come on AT&T you are losing whatever competitive advantage you may have had!!

Did you read message #32 (or any other messages) in this thread?  I thought so.

Message 41 of 118 (3,480 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Citizen60123 wrote:

You mean something that happened almost 2 years ago that lasted less than 3 days?

Yeah, you have quite a long list there. You should become a Dish Network customer so that you could create a much longer list.

By the way, a deal was reached today with AMC Networks.

Message 42 of 118 (3,481 Views)

Sir, we still are blacked out. Just because the parties are talking does not mean they will reach an agreement. Yes, I CAN read. Thanks.
Message 43 of 118 (3,458 Views)
Expert

Citizen60123 wrote:
Sir, we still are blacked out. Just because the parties are talking does not mean they will reach an agreement. Yes, I CAN read. Thanks.

Blacked out of what?  The agreement between AMC Networks and AT&T has been reached.  It's a done deal!

Message 44 of 118 (3,457 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Channels are unavailable

pin wheels -2348 wrote:

Channels 23 & 48 are no longer available in my area. I question the value of ATT services, as Channels , like Hallmark and WWME are not available.  

Looks like the 23/48 problem is that Wiegal Broadcasting transitioned from 2 OTA channels (possibly transmitters in a different location-fact they had different call signs) to subchannels on the WCIU 26.x transmission.  WMME is now 26.3 and WMEU is 26.4.

ATT does not carry any subchannels in any markets and that is why those 2 channels were dropped. Smiley Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weigel_Broadcasting#Stations_owned_by_Weigel_Broadcasting

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 45 of 118 (3,435 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.