WWME and 2 other channels gone?

Teacher

WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Message 1 of 118 (9,072 Views)
Coach

Re: Bring back WWME - MeTV !!!

T AGREE
Message 106 of 118 (2,787 Views)
Coach

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

YES THEY WILL START SWITCHING IM GOING TO
Message 107 of 118 (2,789 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?


IMDJHUTCH wrote:
YES THEY WILL START SWITCHING IM GOING TO

Where are you "going to"? You did not indicate your destination. Sorry to see you go. We hardly knew you, and will miss you. You should reconsider before you end up with a provider that gets you stuck in a contract.

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 108 of 118 (2,760 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

Darned kids and their caps locks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 109 of 118 (2,717 Views)

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

Somewhat  useful information I just received from AT&T customer support on this topic:

 

Message 110 of 118 (2,651 Views)
Tutor

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am disappointed because I was watching M*A*S*H on it.

However, when I switched to CommiCast it was the worst 4 months of my life.

 

I did the (re) installer a favor and left my uverse wiriing intact.

 

I'm happy to be back with Ma-Bell and not with the ucaring cable giant.

Message 111 of 118 (2,314 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?


wefles wrote:

I am disappointed because I was watching M*A*S*H on it.

However, when I switched to CommiCast it was the worst 4 months of my life.

 

I did the (re) installer a favor and left my uverse wiriing intact.

 

I'm happy to be back with Ma-Bell and not with the ucaring cable giant.


Welcome back!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 112 of 118 (2,293 Views)
Voyager

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

We were a customer of CommieCrap for 25 years.   You talk about raising rates, you would find out about it when you received your bill in the mail.  We were having some issues and they were never willing to do anything about it.  I told them it was terrible they did not want to fix the issues we were having and they offered to transfer me to the disconnect office.  When I finally called to disconnect, the customer service person said wow you have been with us a long time and then said this is your disconnect date. No one asked if there was anything they could do to keep our business. Taking their equipment back to their office, I was treated like I was bothering them.  There is no reason on God's Earth that an employee of such a large company should treat anyone like that.  If that is what you want from a company you are paying dearly to..then be my guest.  I for one want to make sure my money is spent with someone who respects me when I am on the phone with them.

Message 113 of 118 (2,122 Views)

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I had comast for years, and switched to U-Verse because of the channel choices.  Now, not only have we lost Hallmark now we do not have WWME and the other ME channels.  What gives?  I cannot believe that AT&T cannot come to an agreement with these channels.  Why don't you offer your subscribers a package of channels that we actually want?  I have no use for at least 1/2 the channels offered maybe more, especially the Spanish speaking channels.  And, there are a lot of useless channels on U-Verse.  Bring back Hallmark and WWME channels!!! 

Judy Weingartner

Message 114 of 118 (2,000 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?


judyandsox wrote:

I had comast for years, and switched to U-Verse because of the channel choices.  Now, not only have we lost Hallmark now we do not have WWME and the other ME channels.  What gives?  I cannot believe that AT&T cannot come to an agreement with these channels.  Why don't you offer your subscribers a package of channels that we actually want?  I have no use for at least 1/2 the channels offered maybe more, especially the Spanish speaking channels.  And, there are a lot of useless channels on U-Verse.  Bring back Hallmark and WWME channels!!! 

Judy Weingartnertv


Did you just switch to U-Verse? The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. As far as ME-TV, if it is a sub-channel in your area then U-Verse would not carry it as U-Verse does not carry sub-channels. You should have checked the channel lineup before you switched.

 

None of us on this forum can fix anything. We are subscribers just like you. AT&T is very much aware that a lot of subscribers to their U-Verse service would like to have the Hallmark Channel back. This was a business decision due to Crown Media's (the owner of the Hallmark Channel) desire for too high of a carriage fee for what their channel was worth.

 

Maybe Crown Media will lower their carriage price so that a deal can get done.

 


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

 

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 115 of 118 (1,984 Views)

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?


SammyRusty wrote:

We were a customer of CommieCrap for 25 years.   You talk about raising rates, you would find out about it when you received your bill in the mail.  We were having some issues and they were never willing to do anything about it.  I told them it was terrible they did not want to fix the issues we were having and they offered to transfer me to the disconnect office.  When I finally called to disconnect, the customer service person said wow you have been with us a long time and then said this is your disconnect date. No one asked if there was anything they could do to keep our business. Taking their equipment back to their office, I was treated like I was bothering them.  There is no reason on God's Earth that an employee of such a large company should treat anyone like that.  If that is what you want from a company you are paying dearly to..then be my guest.  I for one want to make sure my money is spent with someone who respects me when I am on the phone with them.


I'm surprised Comcast didn't have somebody offer you something like "free HBO for three months" to try to keep you around.  Then again, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a considerable number of people threatened to leave Comcast just because they thought they could get something for free, and Comcast switched its policy to "call their bluff."

 

There is one thing I liked better about Comcast than AT&T - at least Comcast has offices where you can drop off and pick up hardware when necessary.  When I needed a U-Verse STB replaced, they shipped me one, with instructions to ship the old one back in the same box by going to a UPS store (and I think only specific UPS stores could do this).  (Well, two things - with Comcast, I could use TiVo, but that's the price I pay for technology.)  One thing I don't miss about Comcast is the fact that they have to compress the signal to the point where CNN became unwatchable at times.

 

Message 116 of 118 (1,967 Views)
Voyager

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I never threatened to leave before and never expected anything for nothing.  But, to not even offer a credit for the trouble we were going through with the one box was terrible.  My sister-in-law had the Triple Play or whatever they call it.  Her phone and internet would go down for days and they would only tell her they didn't know what the problem was. 

Message 117 of 118 (1,875 Views)
Voyager

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

Had to make my call to Comcast and order service. I am in awe that At&T took away these channels. All my classic programs come on METV and WWME. I am so disappointed. I switched from Comcast because At&T Uverse was great and less costly than Comcast. Felt humiliated to have to call and reorder, but guess what, I am set with a new customer price (been three years since I had Comcast) and I will be looking at METV early next week. 

At&T, I will not switch back if you provided METV. You did a disservice to your customers providing no notice; just blacked it out with a message stating "NOt available in area." When I called to inquire, you all gave me the run around. 

Can't stand Comcast, WOW, loved my UVerse; however, I want to be able to watch what I like. 

Peace out!

Message 118 of 118 (1,845 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.