kendallquinn's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 8:07 PM

WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I see I am not the only one upset about the WWME and WMEU being gone! We had WOW and switch to Uverse after a VERY lengthy telephone conversation with an AT&T rep. I had no intention on ever leaving WOW, but after what he told me, I was excited about Uverse! Well, in that conversation I was promised that my husbands stations were included in our line up. He is disabled and spends his days watching tv. I had Uverse installed while he was in the hospital with the promise he would still have his channels. I even have the guide the technician gave me and these two channels are listed! When he came home he was livid because there was a message on the screen that these channels were not available in our area. Can you imagine how upset I was also? We spent so much time on the phone trying to find out what was going on. The people that answer at AT&T don't have any idea what the problem is until they finally go to a supervisor! We were bragging about the awesome deal we had with Uverse, but no more! We tell everyone not to do it. They are liars! I signed up because I was promised my husband would still have his channels and he doesnt! Oh and dont expect them to discount your monthly payment because of it either! They don't care that you aren't getting what you were promised. We plan to go back to WOW and wish we had never left!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This is really frustrating. My Uverse costs keep going up but the service gets poorer. I loved the METV station. There's so much crap on Uverse channels. I could probably count on the fingers of both hands the number of channels that are actually worth watching and METV was one of those channels. Very important that we still get all that Kardashian nonsense but classic TV like METV we can't get?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@chewy_godzilla wrote:

This is really frustrating. My Uverse costs keep going up but the service gets poorer. I loved the METV station. There's so much crap on Uverse channels. I could probably count on the fingers of both hands the number of channels that are actually worth watching and METV was one of those channels. Very important that we still get all that Kardashian nonsense but classic TV like METV we can't get?

I have often wondered by people spend money on a pay TV service to only watch a handful of channels and spend most of that time watching broadcast channels that they can get for free with an OTA antenna.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

As of yesterday here is what I am seeing on my local Uverse:  Channels 23 and 48 (METV, METOO) stil show "This channel not available in your area" HOWEVER now on channel 24 seeing WWMECA and on channel 49 WMEUCA, both of which are the channel IDs for the local METV and METOO outlets in the Chicago market.  But the message tells me I am not "subscribed" to these channels.  I see no information when I access my UVERSE account on the web.  What is this about? Is this telling me I must subscribe and I assume pay more to have access to these channels>  Anyone know what is happening here>?

Scholar

• 

113 Messages

12 years ago

My advice would be to call Uverse and ask them about these channels[let us know what you find out].

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

You could also turn your STB/DVR off and back on and see if that changes the channels that it thinks that it is authorized for.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

I believe there were some incomprehensible changes to these channels in the Chicago area. Before you call in enter your zip code here - https://uma.att.com/uma/RetrieveChannelLineup?ZIP=06410&APPID=UMA&actionType=&FORMAT=POPUP&FirstTime=F

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

It is not fair that theses channels are missing.My husband always had me record Combat and 12 O'Clock high. Also, how come I don't get a credit on my bill for the missing channels, they sure would increase it if the contracts cost ATT more money and they would feel take it or leave it.:smileyfrustrated

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@rsteif wrote:

It is not fair that theses channels are missing.My husband always had me record Combat and 12 O'Clock high. Also, how come I don't get a credit on my bill for the missing channels, they sure would increase it if the contracts cost ATT more money and they would feel take it or leave it.:smileyfrustrated

You don't get credits for channels that are removed and you don't pay more for channels that are added.  The only time AT&T has a price increase is in Feb of every year unlike a different compaly that will raise their rates two or three times a year.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I live in Richton pk il., and really enjoy watching wwme ch.23 &wmeu ch.48.For whatevery reason att took them off in my area.I dont know what the problem is ,what I do know is this, if I dont get my two ch. back (AND SOON) Iam going  to change carriers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.