kendallquinn's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 8:07 PM

WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

12 years ago

I had an interesting conversation with support on Saturday on these two channels.  He sent me to the terms of service page and stated that AT&T is only a delivery agent and content may be removed at the digression of AT&T!

Interruptions,  Limitations, And Modifications To Service
    Some programming may not be available in certain areas due to legal,  regulatory, and contractual prohibitions,  including restrictions of the Federal Communications Commission and  sports blackouts.

He was very arrogant and didn't offer any suggestions of who to contact on having these channels added back to their lineup.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

07-08-201207:44:21 AM

I had an interesting conversation with support on Saturday on these two channels.  He sent me to the terms of service page and stated that AT&T is only a delivery agent and content may be removed at the digression of AT&T!

Interruptions,  Limitations, And Modifications To Service     Some programming may not be available in certain areas due to legal,  regulatory, and contractual prohibitions,  including restrictions of the Federal Communications Commission and  sports blackouts.

He was very arrogant and didn't offer any suggestions of who to contact on having these channels added back to their lineup.

=========================================

Well... I think this is something that most if not everyone was aware of when they signed up for U-verse, so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Believe me when I say I'm not defending At&t.  This type of language in a contract is very common to allow a company do just what was done here with these channels. 

A company wants to be able to do what they need to do to make a buck.  After all that's their goal and it's that simple.  It would be interesting to find out what number of customers actually will drop the service just because they say they are going to.  You can bet money that At&t knows that number! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Hi all,

I have had U-Verse for several years and have always had access to channel 23 it is an Indiana channel but living in Illinois it has always been part of the local line-up. This channel has some of my favorite programs including Son of Svengoulie that is a local show in Illinois.  Imagine my dismay when I tried to watch my favorite show and the channel is no longer available in my area.  Am I the only fan of this channel or are others upset as I am that this channel is no longer available?  It is enough to make me want to change to XFinity.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

@rockn50 wrote:

Yeah, I too am VERY upset about this.  It just isn't these two channels...it appears that the U-Verse phylosophy is that local programming will be abandoned.  I live just south of Chicago, and never had access to CLTV (Chicagoland Television) - now add WWME.  Even the Weather Channel is of a national flavor - "Local on the 8's" is what you see in a hotel room in any city you might travel to.

I am seriously considering chaning carriers now.  The local stations are important to me, not only for the entertainment, sports (sometimes the Cubs games are on WCIU) - but news and weather as well. 

I would like to hear if anyone else is getting the same - loss of local programming.,

Chicagoland TV is a cable-only channel owned by Tribune and they will not be offering it to Uverse at any time.  It's their advantage to having cable. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

12 years ago

From a Facebook Social Media Manager

" However, in the near future we will be added MeTV into our lineup in all markets. Hope that helps to clear things up!'

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I am very dissapointed that AT&T removed WWME.  I really liked watching those old shows. 

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

12 years ago

So all uverse subscribers will get metv?

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

12 years ago

@Erhodes64 wrote:
So all uverse subscribers will get metv?
AT&T U-verse Hey Ed - Due to increased copyright cost for WWME and WMEU we had to limit distribution of these channels in the Chicago market.  However, in the near future we will be adding MeTV back into our channel lineup in all markets.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I want my ME TV back.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@heps74 wrote:

I want my ME TV back.

Please check the post by Ish Kabibble above your post where he gives a link indicating that ME TV will eventually be in all U-Verse markets. Here is his post: 

AT&T U-verse Hey Ed - Due to increased copyright cost for WWME and WMEU we had to limit distribution of these channels in the Chicago market.  However, in the near future we will be adding MeTV back into our channel lineup in all markets.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.