kendallquinn's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 8:07 PM

WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

Got a reply from Weigel Broadcasting.  Here's what they said:

"We expect service to be restored quickly to viewers within approximately 20-miles of downtown Chicago. We are working closely with AT&T to thereafter restore service to all other Chicago area viewers."

Sounds like we're gonna get WWME back.  Stay tuned......

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@k9jdk wrote:

"We expect service to be restored quickly to viewers within approximately 20-miles of downtown Chicago. We are working closely with AT&T to thereafter restore service to all other Chicago area viewers."

Did they indicate the reason for the removal from the U-verse lineup?

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@k9jdk wrote:

Did they indicate the reason for the removal from the U-verse lineup?

Nope.  I quoted their entire reply.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks.  The way that restoral will take place sounds odd.  It may not be related to a carriage dispute, but some other reason.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I also did not receive notification that AT&T u-verse TV was dropping my two favorite stations - WWME (23) and WMEU (48).   When both stations disappeared on June 26, I called customer service.  They didn't know what was going on, so they transferred me to technical support.   First, technical support told me that both stations were having technical difficulties and the problem should be resolved in 24 hours.  But later that day, they called me back and said the stations closed down and they would no longer be available to watch.   I asked if this issue was true with AT&T only, or with all cable companies.  They told me it was "everyone", which I found out later was not true (A friend of mine still gets both stations with Comcast).   I am so unhappy and disappointed with AT&T right now.  If they don't bring these two stations back, I'm definitely going to consider other options.  I feel like I'm wasting my money since I usually don't watch the other stations. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Channels 23 & 48 are no longer available in my area. I question the value of ATT services, as Channels , like Hallmark and WWME are not available.  

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

I love watching the old TV shows. Thats the only thing I watch in the early evening. How could you AT&T take this away from us. First you take away Halmark which other carriers have, now this. How RUDE. Why don't you renew your contract?????? Whats going on with you???????

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

Please read message 32 in this thread BEFORE you comment on channel 23 - MeTV going away.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

It continues to.amaze me that AT&T still does not get It. They keep alienating their customers by pulling popular channels. First Hallmark, then Scripps HGTV, etc. remember that fiasco?. Now weigle broadcasting METV. And soon Amc. Both cable companies carry all here in Elgin, Comcast and WOW. Come on AT&T you are losing whatever competitive advantage you may have had!!

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

@Citizen60123 wrote:
It continues to.amaze me that AT&T still does not get It. They keep alienating their customers by pulling popular channels. First Hallmark, then Scripps HGTV, etc. remember that fiasco?. Now weigle broadcasting METV. And soon Amc. Both cable companies carry all here in Elgin, Comcast and WOW. Come on AT&T you are losing whatever competitive advantage you may have had!!

Did you read message #32 (or any other messages) in this thread?  I thought so.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.