WWME and 2 other channels gone?

Teacher

WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Message 1 of 118 (9,060 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATTKenneth (Employee)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

From the link below:

Effective June 25 we will be removing the following channels WWME-28 (IND) channel 23 and WMEU-48 (IND) channel 48 from portions of the Chicago market.

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html 

Message 2 of 118 (7,753 Views)
ACE - Master

kendallquinn wrote:

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers.  He can pass along your frustartion to the proper workgroups at AT&T.  I believe that these channels should be available over the air but I do see that WWME is a "CA" station and 48 is a "CD" station.  These C class stations are lower powered but with a decent indoor antenna, I bet that you can get them.

Those two are owned by the same group - so maybe it is a contract dispute?  Then it's a two way street, it could be that Weigel forced them off of U-Verse?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 118 (7,721 Views)
Teacher

It's disappointing that we have lost these channels.  These are all I watch! 

Doesn't surprise me.  AT&T is only concerned about money.... Not it's customers!

Message 4 of 118 (7,700 Views)
Tutor

I am also upset that these channels are missing.  I watch them everyday.  I don't want to do this, but I will have to go over to Comcast if this is going to be permanent.

Message 5 of 118 (7,699 Views)
Mentor

This is a load of garbage!!!!! I switched from Comcast to Uverse and may have to go back when my year is up. Had WWME and it's sister channels there.

I believe these channels are available on free tv in the Chicago area, why aren't they for pay?

Message 6 of 118 (7,692 Views)
Expert

The noitce above is interesting:

Effective June 25 we will be removing the following channels WWME-28 (IND) channel 23 and WMEU-48 (IND) channel 48 from portions of the Chicago market.

So it appears that not all of the Chicago market is effected by the change.

Message 7 of 118 (7,689 Views)
Tutor

I totally agree with you!  I just got home and did my daily ritual to find out that the channels are gone!  I'm soooo mad.  And now my 3 stooges that i've been watching forever on saturday nights are gone along with  Svengoolie.  I grew up with this, I'm so mad, its bad their service sux and freezes up on me and been dealing with these types of issues for a couple of years now.  Like they say...they care about MONEY not their customers...I'm not happy with what I pay and I'm really thinking about switching and I wouldn't recommend at&t to anyone I know.

Message 8 of 118 (7,687 Views)
Mentor

I just checked with a friend that has Comcast. They still have all the WWME channels.

Uverse didn't even send out a notice they were pulling these channels.

Message 9 of 118 (7,669 Views)
Expert

GB777 wrote:

I just checked with a friend that has Comcast. They still have all the WWME channels.

See my first message in this thread.

Message 10 of 118 (7,658 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

This absoulutel sucks. Love me tv shows. Time to shop around.

Message 11 of 118 (7,654 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

texasguy37 wrote:

GB777 wrote:

See my first message in this thread.

I received no such message/notice. The only way I confirmed it was gone and not something wrong with my service was to find mention of it here.

They told me I'd get Wireless N router while it doesn't exist, tried to get me to pay an activation fee when I was told I wouldn't  be charged one, installer said my outside equipment needed to be upgraded but nobody would do it, I got AM radio over my telephones, sometimes my tv goes blank and I need to unplug the box and now they are taking away a very popular tv channel and it's related channels.

Why am I using Uverse?

Message 12 of 118 (7,622 Views)
Expert

GB777 wrote:

I received no such message/notice. The only way I confirmed it was gone and not something wrong with my service was to find mention of it here.

They told me I'd get Wireless N router while it doesn't exist, tried to get me to pay an activation fee when I was told I wouldn't  be charged one, installer said my outside equipment needed to be upgraded but nobody would do it, I got AM radio over my telephones, sometimes my tv goes blank and I need to unplug the box and now they are taking away a very popular tv channel and it's related channels.

Why am I using Uverse?

Good question.  Why are you?

Message 13 of 118 (7,609 Views)

Is AT&T serious!!???  For the Chicago market; it is simply unfathomable not to have WWME and its sister station!!!  If the all mighty dollar is all that is need to bring them back; then just have AT&T write a check and pay the stations!!!! I am not happy about this and when the rest of Chicago finds out about this AT&T's facebook, twitter and all other social media blogs are gonna explode with talk!!!

Message 14 of 118 (7,552 Views)
Contributor

WWME

I'm very upset because I sat down and turned the metv to watch Perry Mason and I don't have it anymore.  That was part of my (me time) before I went to bed.

Message 15 of 118 (7,538 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.