jpinsticks's profile

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 6:50 PM

WRA message @ unsupported browser

WRA is one of my homepages in my Chrome browser and has been for several months and when started up this morning I got this message:

! Your browser is not officially supported.

Using your current browser may prevent you from accessing certain features on AT&T Web Remote Access.  We recommend using one of the browsers listed below to improve your browsing experience and access all available features on AT&T Web Remote Access.  These browsers are all free and easy to download and install.

Internet Explorer (version 7.0 or higher)                                                              

Firefox (version 3.6 or higher)                                                                             

Safari (version 5.0 or higher)                                                                                

Chrome (version 4.0 or higher)

A checkbox is provided if I don’t want to see the message again.

A button labeled “Continue anyway”.

My Chrome browser is a little higher than 4.0:....18.0.1025.168

And my address line (if you can read it) makes me wonder what features I might be missing :

http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/?accept_unsupported_browser=1

Anybody else using Chrome and experiencing this problem?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

@jpinsticks wrote:

@texasguy37 wrote:

I saw the same message in Chrome.  Just check that box, and you will be fine.

Thanks, but it doesn't resolve my issue: Is WRA withholding features because it erroneously thinks my browser is unsupported?  And, just being curious why has it just started?

I am more than willing to do Beta testing, but I'd like advance notice.

Thanks TG,

Jerry

It's saying that unsupported browsers might not render everything the way it was intended.  I've gotten it using Aurora 14.0a2 (Firefox beta's beta) and only have to click continue and it never showed up again. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Scholar

• 

107 Messages

12 years ago

I find it odd that they'd support Firefox 3.x. That browser version is ancient by now.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

12 years ago

I've seen it, too.  Must be a Yahoo! scare tactic. Smiley Sad

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

Thanks, but it doesn't resolve my issue: Is WRA withholding features because it erroneously thinks my browser is unsupported?  And, just being curious why has it just started?

Thanks TG,

Jerry

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

12 years ago

@jpinsticks wrote:

@texasguy37 wrote:

Thanks TG,

Jerry

What features are being withheld?  I thought that "unsupported" error just means that there could be some display / dithering differences?  

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@jpinsticks wrote:

No

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.