Explore & discover

Helpful Links

WGN America for 89436 Area

Highlighted
Contributor

WGN America for 89436 Area

How do we get it?? Had it with Direct TV now switched to Uvers and don't have it. Very frustrated you can't get it. 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: WGN America for 89436 Area

WGN America can be found in standard definition on channel 180 and in high definition on channel 1180 throughout the whole U-verse system. I have never heard of any areas being served by U-verse  that do not have WGN America.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Explorer

I am in the Chicago market and I don't receive WGN America (and I have U300), although I do get the local WGN/(CW programming) channel 9, and I believe I can watch some of the episodes of WGN America shows on the uverse.com site.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Professor

@ericthered1 wrote:

I am in the Chicago market and I don't receive WGN America (and I have U300), although I do get the local WGN/(CW programming) channel 9, and I believe I can watch some of the episodes of WGN America shows on the uverse.com site.

It is my understanding that all areas served by U-verse get WGN America other than the Chicago area itself. In the Chicago area, you can only receive local WGN.

I am personally not happy with the creation of WGN America. I would rather have local WGN nationwide so that I can watch the Cubs and White Sox.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@dwinth wrote:

I am personally not happy with the creation of WGN America. I would rather have local WGN nationwide so that I can watch the Cubs and White Sox.

It is likely that those baseball games is the entire reason WGN America exists.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support