For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
kslowik's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 4th, 2015 2:18 AM

WGN America channel???

My lineup shows we're supposed to have WGN America but I can't find the channel. Anyone know what happened to it??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@kslowik wrote:
Chicago

This from Wikipedia:

In the Chicago metropolitan area, WGN America is not available over-the-air as a digital subchannel of WGN-TV or through pay television via WOW!, RCN, AT&T U-verse, and other providers in the city proper and its suburbs (making the channel's original programming unavailable to many in the market); although cable and satellite subscribers within the Chicago market can access WGN America, in addition to the WGN-TV broadcast signal, through Comcast Xfinity, DirecTV and Dish Network.[4][3]

Hope this helps why you don't get WGN America on Uverse. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

9 years ago

Try channel 180...if not there...reboot ur converter box

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@kslowik wrote:
My lineup shows we're supposed to have WGN America but I can't find the channel. Anyone know what happened to it??

Where are you located?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Chicago

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

Yeah, over the past year or two, the people at WGN have really made strives to separate the two channels into different feeds. Whereas WGN SuperStation, aka WGN America used to have a lot of the programming of WGN Chicagoland, aka WGN9, this appears to no longer be the case.

And I was really geeking out to the extra channels we got for home Cubs games a few years ago...even if you didn't like the Cubs, but your favorite team was playing the Cubs, you could still tune over during commercial breaks and catch all the random chatter that happens during breaks.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@kslowik wrote:
Chicago

Just as I suspected,  As Chris pointed out.  WGN America is not available in Chicago.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

Yeah, over the past year or two, the people at WGN have really made strives to separate the two channels into different feeds. Whereas WGN SuperStation, aka WGN America used to have a lot of the programming of WGN Chicagoland, aka WGN9, this appears to no longer be the case.

And I was really geeking out to the extra channels we got for home Cubs games a few years ago...even if you didn't like the Cubs, but your favorite team was playing the Cubs, you could still tune over during commercial breaks and catch all the random chatter that happens during breaks.

WGN America is no longer a superstation.  It is now a regular cable channel.  One result of this change is that Cubs and White Sox baseball game are no longer broadcast on that channel.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

WGN America is no longer a superstation.  It is now a regular cable channel.  One result of this change is that Cubs and White Sox baseball game are no longer broadcast on that channel.

What you said.

I am guessing there was more money in making two different channels (and putting Cubs and WSox games on MLB packages) as opposed to keeping those baseball games national broadcasts with those commercial fees.

Alternatively..who knows why they did it, but it's usually about money.

And back in the day, Superstation WGN even had Bulls games...and I want to say maybe a Blackhawks game or two?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Please keep WGN American in the UVerse Channel line up for Miami, FL.  

I'm really looking forward to the new series Manhattan, and I watch "In the Heat of the Night" when I'm really missing my dad because he's a Carroll O'Connor look-alike.

Please do not let WGN America on Channel 180 go black.  Keep the programming that is so good.  And I can keep up with stuff going on in Chicago.

BabstheKD

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@BabstheKD wrote:

Please keep WGN American in the UVerse Channel line up for Miami, FL.  

I'm really looking forward to the new series Manhattan, and I watch "In the Heat of the Night" when I'm really missing my dad because he's a Carroll O'Connor look-alike.

Please do not let WGN America on Channel 180 go black.  Keep the programming that is so good.  And I can keep up with stuff going on in Chicago.

BabstheKD

It is past midnight Eastern time. Unless there has been an extension in contract talks, it appears that an agreement has been reached between AT&T and the Tribune Company. Rest easy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.