For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
dannko58's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Sunday, September 14th, 2014 5:21 AM

Closed

Vizio sound bar and Uverse remote fix

I may be the only person with the ONLY solution. I will not post all the directions, figure that out yourself, but here is how to make it work.

1- program Vizio sound bar to TV button on remote using code 1009, try others if that one doesn't work
2- program your tv to the DVD button on remote using manual code or auto scan
3- send all volume to tv button, press ATT then press OK, then enter 955, then press TV button, done.
4- to power all off, press ATT and OK buttons, release, enter 977, press ATT only again, then press DVD and TV buttons, then the ENTER button

This is the fix.

Anytime you hit volume the sound bar will operate, then when you hit power, all should power off and on.

ATT should pay me for this info.

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

You can reasign DVD or AUX as TV -

Push att/ok all  mode keys flash

enter 944  all mode keys flash

press TV key

Press aux or DVD three flashes for success

Try your TV codes on this key tpo control sound bar

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Everything in the Vizio guide tells you to start with a one but the uverse guide says you can only do that with a TV.  The 4060 from HTI didn't work either.  Any other id's?

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks that. Is a great id

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

The idea sounded great but once I copied the TV control to AUX and tried reprogramming the TV button, none of the Vizio codes for the Uverse remote worked the sound bar. I'm going to check with Vizio and the Uverse remote manufacurer Cisco.

Anyone happen to stuble across a code that works? It'd be nice to use one remote than to continue using the remote that came with the soundbar.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

You could also put the Sound Bar on the DVD button and program the remote to send volume controls using the DVR command set.  That way your TV button would set you up to control your TV for buttons like TV/VIDEO and MENU instead of having to use the DVR button, and everything else would still work.  Right?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

These codes do not work with the Vizio S4251w.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Hadrian98 - Can you find a code that turns the Vizio soundbar on/off while you are searching for the code? That is what alerts you that you have found a correct code. To actually make it work, you need a couple more steps.

You need to program code 955 to change the default from ALWAYS controlling the TV to another option.

You need to add the Vizio to the power control list ( att/ok - 977 - list all your modes - enter).

Some sound bars can be programmed to accept other IR to control them. That is, apply the TV volume IR to the Vizio to make it seamless.

If you cannot get  a compatiblity - You can program the u-verse remote to follow the mode selection, instead of always controling the TV (att/ok - 955 - enter). Then, while in att mode (i.e. normal watching the volume button will control the STB).

Set the STB volume down to 15.

Set the TV volume to a comfortable level.

Set the Vizio volume to a comfortable level.

While watching, in att mode, the volume control will vary what you hear from either the TV or the VIzio. Whichever audio is on.

Here are some other remotes that support your setup -

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

Logitech Harmony 350 & Smart Control (awesome - https://forums.att.com/t5/Using-your-U-verse-TV-Remote/Logitech-Harmony-Smart-Control-Remote/m-p/4028946#M2963)

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

They do on my 4251, and no assigning to aux or DVD button does not work. No the sound bar will not power off, but I don't care, it works for audio and that is all I care about, otherwise I would program my worthless Harmony remote for this setup

Sent from my iPad

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Mine is a 4251
Let me repeat, no other buttons work, only tv
No the soundbar will not power off, but it don't care about that
This has to be done in a certain order or will not work
Clear and reset
I only watch uverse and the soundbar so no other features are needed
I have a junky Harmony remote and this works better
Good luck

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

There are no codes to turn it off or search
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.