Greg92154's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 10:35 PM

Vizio TV Problem

Has anyone experienced a problem with Vizio tv's and U-Verse?  I keep getting intermittent AT&T messages saying a loss of video signal and to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable and to unplug and replug the cable box.  In doing this it does not resolve the issue.  I have conected other tv's to this cable box and they do not experience the same problem.  I have moved the Vizio to other AT&T cable boxes within my home and get the same error.  Because the error seems to follow the tv I assumed the tv was the problem.  After having the tv repaired only to get the same error Vizio claims the problem is the AT&T service.  They say because the error message I get is an AT&T message it must be the AT&T service.   

Any thoughts?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

how do you change the settings on the stb?

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

I thought about describing the color of the component cables but I thought the OP already knew that.  Good job posting that SJ.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I'm trying to hook my box up to my Vizio. I have it plugged into the cable port (no HD). There is no yellow port on the TV for the video composite cable. No matter how I hook it up (haven't tried HEMINGWAY cable ad I don't have HD service) I get No Signal...any ideas?

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@tktrick1 wrote:
I'm trying to hook my box up to my Vizio. I have it plugged into the cable port (no HD). There is no yellow port on the TV for the video composite cable. No matter how I hook it up (haven't tried HEMINGWAY cable ad I don't have HD service) I get No Signal...any ideas?

Look at the component cable connection (red/blue/green) I believe that the green cable connection is shared with the composite connection.

Also, if you have an HDTV seriously consider connecting your STB to the TV via HDMI and adding in the HD service.the picture quality has a drastic improvment over standard def.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Original post is old, but someone else will look this up and see this reply.  I too had that problem several times a day since the first day of my install.  Had a new box and cable put in, and still had the problem.  I read online about changing away from an HDMI cable.  I told ATT that they needed to provide me with the cable, seeing as how from all of the posts, that they know it's an issue.   However, I found the original VIZIO cable that came with the TV.  I took ATT's cable off, and put that cable on.  Knock on wood.............I haven't had a problem since then.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I had the same problem with a Vizio TV. Worked great with Comcast and various DVD and Blu Ray players, but no signal every time the TV was turned off and on when connected to the U Verse Cisco STB. Unplugging the HDMI cable from the STB and plugging it back in usually restored the connection.
Here's what fixed my problem.
I used the shortest HDMI cable I could to connect the STB to the TV, in this case a 2' cable.
The 10' cable the technician used to connect the TV doesn't work, and neither did the better quality 6' cable I tried. The 2' cable works every time without a problem.
What does this mean?
The problem is probably that the HDMI output from the Cisco STB is lower than most other devices, and the Visio TV is probably pickier than some others about the quality of the HDMI signal it needs to lock on and display picture and sound. A shorter cable has less capacitance, which allows for a cleaner signal to reach the TV input. All of the cables tried worked fine when used in my other TV setup (an LG).
AND, the Vizio has worked fine with the Comcast STB and various other devices.
I tried all the other fixes I saw in these forums, to no avail.
The short cable fixes my problem, and may work for you as well.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.