jmizeski's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, July 13th, 2014 4:21 PM

VAP 2500 and wireless receiver signal strength.

How can I ensure the transmitter is putting out full power as the recievers signal strenght is low?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

What is the distance between the VAP 2500 and the wireless receiver?  Has the signal strength changed from what it previously was at the location?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

It's a new instalation.  The distance is < 100'.  Thanks

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

It's a new installation.??Less than 100'.? I wanted to look at the transmitter parameters but the login information is not published.?

Thank You

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

How many feet? Interference and the construction of your house, can dictate how far the VAP 2500 can be from the wireless receiver.  

Can you get the VAP 2500 closer to the receiver?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

At this point it would be a job.  I'm looking into a repeater option as it seems inexpensive but I'd sure like a login to the transmitter to check output power level.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I have serious doubts about the repeater being a realistic option, given the multicast traffic and the need for error-free, no-loss transmission.

Note that it'll have be a 5.0 GHz capable device, not 2.4 GHz.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Understood about your concerns on the repeater but I am looking at a repeater working in the 5500 MHz to the 6000 MHz range at 600 mw I believe.  A bit more than $100.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Here is the solution to my issue.  I investigated repeater/booster issues to stick with a wireless solution but the manufacturer of the equimpment did not get back to my inquiry.  After a few days of mulling this over I recalled a conversation that I recently had with an AT&T support technician/engineer on a problem that I was experiencing with the U Verse watch TV online application.  He gave me the suggestion to connect the AT&T router interface to the electrical wires in the house using a powerline extended internet device.  I did purchase a kit with 2 devices and this solved the issue with my wireless reciever transmitter.  It's a very inexpensive and easy option.  Thank You to everyone that replied.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.