1Jasmine's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 2nd, 2018 10:34 PM

Uverse vs Direct TV

Can anyone explain to me what's going on with directv and ATT uverse? I currently have the uverse Box and now ATT is trying to sell me the DirecTV.

Has anyone changed over? If so do we keep the Box and get an app for the DirecTV ATT doesn't seem to be able to have anyone who can explain this to me.  Does the DVR still work?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

6 years ago

What rationale is being given?

DTV uses completely different proprietary hardware. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

That was the problem that made me suspicious, no reason was given. When I
asked if the bundle would still be on they were like oh yeah sure and when
I asked if I needed a new Box they said no it's prepay and you have to get
the app online

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Sounds like a spam call to me.  That or a DrirecTV reseller which IMO amounts to the same thing!

The only thing att and dtv have in common is that dtv uses att for their internet service.  Period.  Everything else is different; hardware (dtv is satellite) and the channel lineups are different.  Basically two different companies. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

If the sales solicitation was selling DTVN, the statements made to the OP were still wrong. A U-verse TV customer would not be able to watch DTVN unless a supported streaming device was available. This is why so many DTVN promotions come with either an Apple, Amazon or Roku device. In 2018, it’s probably more likely than not one of these is in a customer’s home already., but that would have to confirmed.

I’d also throw it out there it’s unlikely the DTVN DVR would work as well as U-verse. Someone out there willing to prove me wrong?   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.