CaydensMommy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 31st, 2015 1:54 AM

Uverse tv

I am interested in getting uverse bundle. I ordered internet today. My issue is I'm still under contract with direct. Is there any programs you offer to assist with cancelling a contract to switch to you??

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@CaydensMommy wrote:
I am interested in getting uverse bundle. I ordered internet today. My issue is I'm still under contract with direct. Is there any programs you offer to assist with cancelling a contract to switch to you??

If you are under contract to Direct TV, you most likely will have to pay an early termination fee. I would call customer service at Direct TV first to see what your options are. As the merger between AT&T and Direct TV has not yet happened, I doubt that anything can be done by AT&T to get you out of the Direct TV contract.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have the exact same issue.  I am trying to figure out how to contact a regional manager from ATT on this.

09NOV2015 - Both the AT&T Direct TV Tech and AT&T Unverse Rep came out for my install.  The Direct TV Tech advised that I not install the Direct TV but instead install the Uverse Bundle.  I agreed with his advise and had him cancel the install.

09DEC2015 - Direct TV has informed us that we have to pay an early termination fee of over $250.  Both companies state that they are not responsible for the advise give by their technical service reps.  Now I have internet service that goes up and down throughout the day, can't program as many recordings as before and an early termination fee.  Since I am now 30 days past install the ATT Supervisor stated that if I didn't like ATT Uverse they to would give me an early termination fee.

this is not right!

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

8 years ago

DirecTV can't charge you an ETF unless the DTV service was installed and you signed for it.  If you signed the contract , you are stuck with the ETF, sorry.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

8 years ago

@mitchflorida wrote:

DirecTV can't charge you an ETF unless the DTV service was installed and you signed for it.  If you signed the contract , you are stuck with the ETF, sorry.

They could probably make you sign another contract if you spoke to their retention people.

But this is why TV providers also offer such fantastic deals to switch...they know you may have to pay a termination fee and these "new customer rates" help to offset the cost of those termination fees.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@cswilki wrote:

I have the exact same issue.  I am trying to figure out how to contact a regional manager from ATT on this.

Hi @cswilki - I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.