Roxy13's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, July 15th, 2017 10:08 PM

Uverse tv without ATT internet

Can you have Uverse TV service without ATT internet service? Can it be connected through another internet service provider?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Yes.  You still need the gateway for the uverse tv.   But you wouldn't be able to use internet through it (it's disabled).  The internet from another service would just be a distinct (separate) installation to hook up it's router.  Also you wouldn't be able to access the any dvr related features like web access, apps, and accessing through remote devices.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for the info - that is disappointing to find out since I am continually having to reset the modem, almost every other day. Was hoping if I got rid of the ATT internet the problem would go away.

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Please Click Here to send us message containing the account or phone number associated with your services and we'll be more than glad to help @Roxy13.

-ATTCares

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Good morning Roxy13,

I appreciate your interest in U-verse TV service!  If your residenance has U-verse TV available, you can certainly obtain that service by itself.  The AT&T internet service is not required to have U-verse TV service.

I hope this helps!  If there are additional questions, please feel free to let us know!

Thank you,

Misty T.

AT&T Social Media Manager

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Help All,

Im moving a home that already has Cox Cable Internet, Phone and Cable TV. I want to add AT&T U-verse Internet and Cable only. I will extend to Cox Cable Wireless via WiFI extenders.

Can AT&T U-Verse exist with another provider?

Honestly, I want to wireless Internet providers to be distributed throughout the home. Is this possible and has anyone done it?

We simply want backup Internet service when one is down.

Possible?!!

Thank you,

Patrick

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.