Uverse tv menu help message center unable to delete messages

Contributor

Uverse tv menu help message center unable to delete messages

I am unable to delete messages in the message center on uverse tv, menu, help, message center.  Has anyone had this problem?

Message 1 of 15 (2,603 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Uverse tv menu help message center unable to delete messages

There is no way to delete them as far I know.  After you view a message on the TV and click OK to remove it from the screen it deposits it in the message center for viewing later if need be.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 15 (2,603 Views)
Contributor

Thank you!

Message 3 of 15 (2,603 Views)
Contributor

Doesn't it seem a bit stupid for AT&T to populate our Uverse tv messages

but not provide a method for deleting them?  Not a very useful "feature", if

you ask me.

Message 4 of 15 (2,453 Views)
Expert

bluesdiva2001 wrote:

Doesn't it seem a bit stupid for AT&T to populate our Uverse tv messages

but not provide a method for deleting them?  Not a very useful "feature", if

you ask me.

Why do you need to delete them?

Message 5 of 15 (2,438 Views)
Contributor

You asked, Why do I want to delete them?

Answer: The question is impertinent. The user wanted to know how to remove them. But to answer the question: Because I don't want to see them anymore. There must be a way to delete them.

Message 6 of 15 (2,121 Views)
ACE - Master

gsaugustas wrote:

You asked, Why do I want to delete them?

Answer: The question is impertinent. The user wanted to know how to remove them. But to answer the question: Because I don't want to see them anymore. There must be a way to delete them.

The only way you "see" them is if you go through the steps to get to the message center and, seriously, who does that?  Menu>Help>Message Center.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 15 (2,106 Views)
ACE - Expert

There's a Message Center?

Message 8 of 15 (2,102 Views)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

There's a Message Center?

*pssttt...I actually had to find it before I posted.  I knew one was there but, like you, I've never had a use for it!  Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 15 (2,088 Views)
ACE - Expert

Funny, I got this over the weekend:

I guess AT&T does read forum posts. Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 15 (1,935 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

JefferMC - Thanks for posting. Did you purposely leave your point out? Clearly, almost everyone got the message on their TV.

I have complained bitterly that the message does not say what the message is. It does not even give a "headline". I have been told that surveys indicate most customers prefer that. I cannot imagine how that could be. But, it explains why nothing is ever made more efficient - the process is rigged.

I was really ready to read about all the fixes in the update & navigated to read the message.

Imagine my dismay when I found the ad for a PPV fight. Yucha, no updates.

Message 11 of 15 (1,931 Views)
ACE - Expert

aviewer, the point of my last post was a follow up to my earlier post where I feigned surprise that U-verse had a "message center".  A facility that I nearly totally ignore, because it's nothing but marketing.  I didn't realize that everyone was sent the popup message on 5/2 (right before my previous post, actually).  Perhaps even that's what sparked the OP's complaint.

In any case, I thought it ironic/amusing that I should be sent a reminder of a facility that I had just indicated I didn't know existed.  Sorry if the humour was lost on anyone.

Message 12 of 15 (1,918 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

JefferMC - No problem - I have a severe case of monopostice. I tend to read one post at time without considering it part of a thread.
Message 13 of 15 (1,910 Views)
Contributor

Comical that User Comunity accepted "Can't" as solution to how do I delete messages? 

It is just like our IT at work, they always claim success even if the problem is not fixed. They have metrics which are rigged, just like two party elections.

think the answer is unacceptible. and I have always missed having DELETE button on the remote. I will be moving back to D-TV as soon as U-verse trail period subscription rate goes up.

Message 14 of 15 (1,878 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by skeeterintexas (ACE - Master)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

alfredenewman - The DELETE button is located at the bottom left on the remote.
Message 15 of 15 (1,870 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.