EJOubre's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 22nd, 2015 3:16 AM

Uverse service unreliable

Why is my Uverse service (TV and Internet) constantly going down? It's pretty darn frustrating!!! If this keeps up I'm switching back to COX. Their customer service sucks but at least their services are more reliable. I guess you get what you pay for with AT&T!!!

Guru

• 

638 Messages

9 years ago

Are you monitoring the status lights on the residential gateway when you lose service?

How many times a day does this happen?

How long has this been going on? - days, weeks

Does it go down during a certain time of day or is it random?

How old is your equipment?

What model is the gateway?

Have you taken any troubleshooting steps? - rebooting the RG, STBs; checking cable connections, RG ventilation

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

See answers below:

Are you monitoring the status lights on the residential gateway when you lose service? YES

How many times a day does this happen? 0 TO 5 TIMES PER DAY

How long has this been going on? - days, weeks USED TO BE ONE TO THREE TIMES A WEEK, IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS JUST ABOUT EVERY DAY

Does it go down during a certain time of day or is it random? RANDOM, BUT MORE FREQUENTLY IN THE EVENING

How old is your equipment? RG and WHOLE HOUSE DVR WERE BOTH REPLACED ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO

What model is the gateway? ARRIS NVG589

Have you taken any troubleshooting steps? - rebooting the RG, STBs; checking cable connections, RG ventilation. YES I REBOOT EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS, I DONT THINK ITS A CABLE ISSUE, RG HAS FREE SPACE ON ALL FOUR SIDES

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.