For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
cugsie's profile

Scholar

• 

138 Messages

Wednesday, August 8th, 2018 4:04 AM

Uverse price inrease

Why was the price inrease so high.  My increase is $38.  I was thinking of upgrading to U300 but now cannot do that.  I am on a fixed income and this is now going to be a hard decision deciding whether to drop Uverse altogether.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

There was an across-the-board (effected everyone) back in Jan./Feb.  Perhaps you were getting a discount that expired. 

The only way to know would be to do a line item comparison with a previous bill.  Once done, you could call Retention  to see if they could extend the discount or at lease provide an new discount.

Scholar

• 

138 Messages

6 years ago

Ok, just talked a CS Rep, had a very hard time understanding him.  Plus he kept giving me different answers.  In the end he said I am now being charged $20 for two receivers.  I have been a customer, the first customer in my complex to have Uverse since 2006.  I have never been charged for my receivers.  Why are they starting to charge for them after 12 years.  

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

Receivers ARE leased at $10 each p/month. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

6 years ago

It appears they're giving me free receivers for being an original customer, even though I started with two and now have three. (DVR plus one extra, then two extra.)

Did you talk to the main billing people or cancellations? If you politely threaten to cancel, I'm not saying they'll waive those fees, but they should give you enough discounts to make you happy.

And no, they will not tell you when those discounts are up. I use my phone's calendar to remind me to call back in. Others prefer a Post-It note near the TV. Whatever works for you.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

My bill actually had an expiration date printed for applied discounts set to end. But this was different than the price increase earlier in the year.  Either way you're stuck having to haggle.

Voyager

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

After my 12 month promotion price was set to expire, I called them in March. I was offered this new 12 month promotion:

Before taxes: U-450 ($70), AT&T 1000 ($60), AT&T Unlimited plan with 1 line ($95). With the Illinois taxes etc. my new bill is $240 (taxes, fees, services charges etc included). Previously was paying $255 for the same, no service changes.

You just have to be persistent and remember "their's always options" as I kept reminding retention's. Calmness and persistence is the main ingredient for receiving discounts from any company.

Scholar

• 

138 Messages

6 years ago

I did not have any promotion or make changes to my account. Since 2006 I have never been charged for my twi receivers till this payment.

Former Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

6 years ago

@baseballisback - please check your PMs

Scholar

• 

138 Messages

6 years ago

I just checked my PM inbox and there is no message there relating to this topic.  Nothing fir 2018.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.