Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Uverse & Direct TV continuity of TV service - what is the future?

Contributor

Uverse & Direct TV continuity of TV service - what is the future?

Hi Everyone,

I guess someone had asked this question before.  I am curious to know what is the future of Uverse since AT&T is pushing very hard for Direct TV.  I have been a Uverse subscriber since 2010 and will continue to do so because I like having cable due to it's uninterrupted streaming even in very worse weather conditions.  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Uverse & Direct TV continuity of TV service - what is the future?

A quick search of these forums yields two things..  

User based forum sharing experiences, no information on future plans till company makes announcement....

Or two, based upon past announcements the Uverse BRAND is being discontinued but not necessarily the service. Last year the company made announcement about discontinue brand. In late 4th quarter 2016 3 of the 4 services under the Uverse umbrella we're name changed....

Uverse internet with names like Pro, Elite, Max, Power we're changed to ATT Internet with speed number such as ATT Internet 25.

The Uverse Gigapower internet was changed to ATT Fiber.

The Uverse VoIP was changed to ATT Phone 

Thus only Uverse IPTV name remains and based upon the others will likely be changed to ATT TV. Also in the future the DirecTv name is to be eliminated and everything becomes ATT Entertainment.

As long as the company is still selling Uverse TV services with 12 month deals nothing will happen today or tomorrow. What will be in 2020 or 2025 or 2030 is unknown but Uverse orders are still being accepted and installed daily.

As a closing comment, ever hear of Cingular? Does it exist today?

No and Yes... The company name has been gone for over a decade but the service, mobile phone service is today ATT Wireless aka ATT Mobility. The cell phone service is still active today but not under the name Cingular.... I expect the same with Uverse.

BTW, I install and repair Uverse services... Recent signed Union contracts in the SW (SBC) and Northern Illinois IBEW we're for 4 and 5 year deals good till at least 2022.

Things can always change, but not overnight. Enjoy your services and check company announcements now and then.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support