For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
progman63's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Thursday, July 10th, 2014 2:36 AM

Uverse TV listings - new TV listings favorites?

Last week the Uverse TV listings page changed from the Uverse/Yahoo TV listings page to the Uverse.com TV listings page when signing in for the Web Remote Access:

http://uverse.com/uv/guide

Now there is no way to set up a favorites list on the TV listings page.

The only thing I can find on this new page is My Favorites in the drop-down off my Sign In which says to click on the *star* icon to add items to your favorites list (as on the Uverse/Yahoo page) but there are no *star* icons anywhere in the listings.

I did a search and browsed the Community forum and can not find anything about how to set up Favorites on the uverse.com TV listings page.

This is a pretty major feature for any TV listings web page, and is available on the set-top-box.

Did they really roll this new listings page out without this feature or am I totally missing it?

Tnx!

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Or is there any way to get back to the Uverse/Yahoo TV listing page?

Whenever I sign in it redirects me to uverse.com now instead of going to uversetv.att.yahoo.com.

Later!

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

After you log in, If you go to this page: http://uverse.com/uv/ you will see tiles of shows. If you "hover" over a tile, you will see a little box pop up. In the upper right cornor, there is a "star" to check and add to your favorites.

Hope this helps.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Fox,

No, that may be what caused the problem in the first place.

The original favorites were channels on the TV menu to build an abbreviated guide. These favorites were also used to build mymultiview, which is bad to use one filter for two different things. And, NOT applied to chan scan up/down buttons.

When the first u-verse.com was built it had favorite channels. When the Yahoo view was updated to include on-demand shows it included favorite on demand shows instead of favorite channels.

I posted for people to  switch to the non-yahoo version. I believe that was recently redirected to the yahoo version causing everyone to lose favorite channel selection on the guide.

Many people want the ability to show an abbreviated Favorites guide on the web. We also want one (or even two) button access to the favorites guide on the TV. We also want it applied to channel scan.

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

The "yahoo" version is long gone. It appears you can only favorite a show and not a channel. That's what I discovered poking around in it for the OP.

It won't let me post a screen shot.

go here: http://uverse.com/uv/ and hover over a title.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Here is the screen I got -

Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 12.00.09 PM.png

RE: It appears you can only favorite a show and not a channel. That's what I discovered poking around in it for the OP.

Yes, that is the problem. Please bring back favorite channel guide.

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 years ago

I don't seem to be able to favorite a show or a channel.

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

are you logged in?

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

I cannot post a screen shot.

sorry

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Just go to uverse.com You do need to sign-in to do anything. After signing in the mouse over a show produces a box with a star to identify it as a favorite, so you can find it quickly.

The guide is under TV listings & does NOT have the ability to filter by favorite channels that it used to have.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 years ago

I have tried it logged in and logged out.  Under TV Listings, placing the mouse over a show causes the show's cell to be highlighted, but nothing more..  Clicking in the show cell opens up a full screen overlay where I can see other showings and has the record buttons (even when not logged in).

I see this in both IE 9 (which it tells me isn't a supported browser) and Chrome.

I cannot screen capture the hover effect, but this is what it looks like when not hovering:

Capture-uv-tv-listings.PNG

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.