MadisonAL's profile

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

Monday, January 22nd, 2018 1:46 PM

Uverse TV Terms of Service

Does the AT&T Terms of Service of Uverse TV require AT&T to provide television service?  I cannot find that within the UverseATTTermsof Service.

Though advertisements say that I should be able to watch and record up to four programs concurrently, there are times when I cannot even watch one.

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

6 years ago

I have found the below,

By enrolling in, activating, using, or paying for the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions in these TOS, including but not limited to the prices, charges, and terms and conditions provided to you in marketing and informational materials associated with the Services and on the AT&T U-verse website, all of which are incorporated herein by reference.

Thus, I, as the paying customer agree to the terms and conditions.  Now, does that mean that AT&T also agrees to those terms and conditions?  If so, then they are not in compliance and have not been for several months as documented in my service calls to AT&T.

Very interesting.  AT&T provides for Rich Text, but then considers used options as invalid HTML.  The extraction from the Terms of Service was to be indented.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@MadisonAL  Expanding on what @my thoughts offered, look at your profile to see what you should be getting:  Menu (button) > Options > System > System Information > System Resources.

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

6 years ago

That is interesting, but I need to see the exact language used in "marketing and informational materials associated with the Services and on the AT&T U-verse website"

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

6 years ago

This is the advertisement on AT&T.COM.  Please highlight the restriction to STANDARD DEFINITION channels.

AT&T U-verse has the features you need and love. Record four shows at once on a single Total Home DVR, watch TV virtually anywhere in your home with the U-verse Wireless Receiver*, and stream Live TV on your phone with the U-verse App^.

As an aside, there are times when I cannot watch one standard definition channel without stream freezing despite several calls to AT&T, technician visits, and wire and router replacement.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

From TOS:

8. INTERRUPTIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE

Service may be temporarily interrupted or otherwise limited for a variety of reasons; some beyond the control of AT&T. AT&T reserves the right to refuse credit allowances for interruptions of Service. AT&T also reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, at any time and from time to time, the Services (or any function or feature of the Services or any part thereof) without liability. You acknowledge that AT&T may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation, the limits set forth in the attached Schedule 1 and Schedule 2.

Schedule 2, paragraph V.

Disclaimer Of Warranties

YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT AT&T MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL ALLOW YOU TO RECORD, VIEW, OR TRANSFER ANY PARTICULAR PROGRAM OR CONTENT.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@MadisonAL wrote:

This is the advertisement on AT&T.COM.  Please highlight the restriction to STANDARD DEFINITION channels.

AT&T U-verse has the features you need and love. Record four shows at once on a single Total Home DVR, watch TV virtually anywhere in your home with the U-verse Wireless Receiver*, and stream Live TV on your phone with the U-verse App^.

As an aside, there are times when I cannot watch one standard definition channel without stream freezing despite several calls to AT&T, technician visits, and wire and router replacement.

While it has no mention of restricting your service to SD channels, it also does not promise HD channels.

Did you check your profile as suggested in an earlier post?  Knowing what your profile and bandwidth is might help others to advise you.

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I see that when I contract with AT&T for television service, there is no requirement on AT&T to provide such service.  Thank you for the clarification.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

....and that is why corporate lawyers make $600-$800 an hour. Smiley Surprised

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I checked on my profile as suggested in an earlier post.  It wasn't useful, but since you asked again, here are the results.  This doesn't help me much.

KINDLE_CAMERA_1514804132000[1].jpgUverse Profile via Kindle

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, that I can understand. 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.