sghost67's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Saturday, December 30th, 2017 3:07 AM

Uverse TV Guide (Viewed on TV, not on the App) Needs Work

Will ATT Uverse update it's TV software (on screen Guide) to resemble the Uverse App anytime soon? I'm a new customer with Uverse coming from Xfinity X1. I must say the Xfinity TV Guide was better than the current Uverse Guide.  Examples, TV logos for each station (I know logos not station identifiers) and cast/crew bios with pictures, upcoming episodes, watch history up to 9 previous watched channels

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-guide-view-channel-information-in-the-guide

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Examples, TV logos for each station (I know logos not station identifiers) and cast/crew bios with pictures, upcoming episodes, watch history up to 9 previous watched channels

I prefer id's and not logos! Man Wink  Whatever is chosen you can't please everyone.

Adding cast/crew and pictures is IMO unnecessary.  You want that stuff get it from IMDb.

Upcoming episodes?  It has that already - at least in within the 2-week horizon limits.

Channel history - I see no need for this either. 

There's just so much screen real estate to cram all this stuff and adding more will just spread it out even more or having to descend off the grid to access this additional stuff.  I want more channels per grid page not less than the 6 we currently have.

IMO frankly nothing much is ever going to change other than possibly yearly updates we get tweaking what's already there, usually making it worse, doing changes solely for change sake.  The stuff is written in WindowsCE.   There's some critical bugs in what we have now (losing position doing an Info in Favorites).  I don't want them adding more stuff at least until they fix what they already got.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

two weeks only - seems limited compared to X1,
I know CW but don't it's identifier - so you prefer WXYZ for ABC? or WUPA
versus CW? I see that is more complicated
channel history is good if you saw it action on X1
I like looking up a cast member to see what other movies they were in -
just a neat thing to have on the tv screen versus another website

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

There's a many posts in these forums from people coming from cable company X and comparing to uverse posting X does why can't uverse?  It is what it is.  IMO people can get used to it (eventually, just in time for att to change something again).

I prefer call signs but if a channel has a network identity I don't mind them either.  You like logos.  Maybe it's a left brain, right brain thing. Man Happy

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

My daughter has Verizon FiOS and their guide drives me crazy.  I'm sure she's used to it and likes it just fine but I find it difficult to use. 

Different strokes for different folks - Sly (and the Family Stone)

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

I agree that station ID is better.  Believe it or not some people do not know which local station carries what network.  Also you go to the guide and choose the program you want to watch and hit ok and the channel will change to the station that program is on.  I do not understand what the complaint is about.  Each service has a different guide format so it can not compare one with the other.  If you were happy with Comcast why did you change in the first place?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

The first time I ever saw a guide with only logos was actually on AT&Ts own DTVNow service when it first launched. Seemed very unnatural coming from Uverse, for instance no channel numbers, but eventually acclimated.

Xfinity stream with its TV GO option also only uses logo.

And yet a third, and perhaps most enigmatic is the Uverse app for Fire TV. Here too for live tv, only logos are provided as channel identifier. It is the most unique of all available UIs on offer from Uverse, and am sure is an attempt to be faithful to Amazon's horizontal layout. Of note, the Uverse app on FireOS does not allow for a fully functional set-top box as only partial channels are available, and no local networks.

While I'm used to the Uverse guide, adding logos would add a touch of class to the guide, so agree with OP.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.