nphrancis's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 1st, 2016 3:52 AM

Uverse On Demand HD Channels

Does Uverse have any on demand channels in HD? I have the 450 package which has everything under the sun...except for on demand in HD?!?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@nphrancis wrote:
Does Uverse have any on demand channels in HD? I have the 450 package which has everything under the sun...except for on demand in HD?!?

Press the On Demand button on your remote:

Press Premium for HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, etc.

Scroll over to the right using the right arrow button on the remote.  There you can choose HD on the premium channel offerings.

-OR-

Press Free Shows.  The commerical broadcast networks (Fox/CBS/NBC/ABC) all have HD choices.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

There are SD and HD variants of many, many "channels" in the OnDemand menus.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I mostly watch AMC stations, and I can confirm that for instance, the new show Preacher is not available in the On Demand anywhere ... free shows etc., in HD ... I have to Chromecast it to my TV with Sling to watch in HD.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I haven't found a cable show On Demand that is in HD. So I have to DVR all the cable shows I watch so that I can watch them in HD. This should fixed so all shows On Demand available in HD!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

What are you looking for in HD? 

Some cable networks do have HD options: NFL, Cooking Channel, DIY, Food Network to name a few. 

Uverse offers the OD programming that is available to them. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I would like to be able to watch cable programming like American Horror Story, Mr. Robot, etc...On Demand in HD. Since I can't I have to DVR to watch these shows in HD. Some of these shows are on at the same time and if I'm DVRing them in HD it keeps husband from being able to watch HD while I'm recording. Frustrating!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

Are you limited to 1 HD stream?  Most subs have 4 HD streams while some are limited to 3.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@JLuvBug   Unluckily it's not up to ATT to get the HD, but the agreement w/the programmer to allow it.

I see Cooking channel HD,  DIY HD, Food Network HD, HGTV HD, NFL Network HD and Travel channel HD.   So, some are showing up, but still for me I'd rather record them to FF thru commercials, than not have that on VOD. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I am limited to 3 HD channels at a time.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@JLuvBug   Could try for some of your programs at uverse.com, many more than VOD there or might find them online.

If your computer happens to have an HDMI output you actually can watch these on your TV.  Plug the HDMI cable into the TV and find the computer on correct input. 

F11 to clear browser at top, then make the image as big as possible and enjoy the program.

When done w/computer viewing, get back to the Uverse input. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.