Helpful Links

Uverse Error Code: 0 - Failed to load resource

Contributor

Uverse Error Code: 0 - Failed to load resource

I'm getting this message on the screens of the TVs in my house. It appears when I first turn on a TV:

Error Code: 0 - Failed to load resource

Kx: Faile to load resource

Web exception: the remote name could not be resolved

Socket exception: No such host is known.

Anyone know what's up, and what can be done about it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 138
Scholar

Re: Uverse Error Code: 0 - Failed to load resource

It does not appear to be anything associated with your specific setup. It looks like it has been happening nationwide:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29610844-Error-Code-0-Failed-to-load-resource

It would be nice if someone from AT&T acknowledged the issue. About 2 weeks ago, there also seemed to be a targeted DoS attack aimed specifically at the Motorola 589's but the advice on this site kept simply offering standard troubleshooting tips. As with this issue, a lot of headaches could have been avoided with some simple upfront ackowledgement that they are aware of the problem. 

Edit - there is also another thread on this site about this:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Failed-to-load-resource-WebException-Could-not-establis...

Message 2 of 138
Guru

When it happened on mine I just hit the exit button and it reload and worked fine. Only happened once...

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
Message 3 of 138
Community Manager

Hi @bobbambam 

Are you still experiencing those issues? I believe it can be related to an app channel, possibly if it was left open when the TV was turned off. If you still need help, our team will be happy to assist! You can send us a private message by clicking here. In your message, please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 138

I have also seen the error message several times recently.  Like Kong57, everything works and there is no interruption of service.  But I have not opened any app channels (at least knowingly) in some time as Dmitriy mentions.  Other than normal viewing of programs and recordings, the only functions I use include the guide, DVR programming and search.  So I will be curious to see what might be causing this seemingly harmless but recurring error.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 5 of 138
ACE - Master

I have noticed it once on each TV.  Pressing OK, got me off of the error screen.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 138

Same with me - it happened once on each TV, and I just selected "Exit" and everything was working fine.  Probably just some new feature they haven't implemented 100% yet.

Message 7 of 138
ACE - Expert

Did you know... SEC Network is an app channel?  So is The Weather Channel.

Also, I noticed that my set tops defaulted to On Demand when they rebooted after the upgrade.  On Demand may also be implemented as an app channel.  This may indicate an issue with the local VHO On Demand service, maybe?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 138
Community Support

Hi,

Thank you for everyone that has reported this. We apologize about the inconveniences and are investigating it. It appears that the error message is appearing to some, but it should only appear once. Press the Exit button as @Kong57 suggested to get out of it. If you are still having issues, please send a message to us by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

-David T

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 138
Me
Mentor

It looks like there was another update last night or early this morning (10/21 in San Jose, CA area at least) and this problem appears to be fixed.

I could easily reproduce the problem by rebooting my wireless receiver which I always need to do of course when I move it between two TV's in different rooms.  I've tried rebooting now at least twice and the problem no longer appears. 

I SPOKE TOO SOON - PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED! %$#$#$#@

...I just had to wait a little longer before the message appeared.

Message 10 of 138
Mentor

I've been getting the same error on the DVR and a second...

I've been getting the same error on the DVR and a second receiver. It's happened several times. I'm pretty sure it started after the most recent update. Glad to see I'm not alone.
Message 11 of 138
Scholar

Re: I've been getting the same error on the DVR and a second...

Mine went away for awhile but now it's back. It's more of an annoyance than anything, since it's easy to make disappear. Most everyone I know with Uverse is having the same problem, so I guess eventually it will go away. I don't remember seeing it unitl after the last update.

Message 12 of 138

The error message has continued for me as well, and I PMd AT&T Customer Care as David T suggested.  A number of posters have mentioned that this problem began after an update, and it occurs to me that I don't think I've gotten a recent update.  My version is currently 2.4.29140.22--is there a newer update, or am I actually current?  I know that updates roll out over time, so if I don't have it yet, this problem may have nothing to do with the update.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 13 of 138
ACE - Expert

docbombay, 2.4.xxx is the new release (came out starting the end of June this year; I just got it a couple weeks ago).

This message is normally associated with the receiver trying to talk to an application server.  Have you noticed being tuned to any particular channel when this appears?  

Message 14 of 138
Teacher

I have been having the same issue as the OP since the latest update a couple weeks ago. Issue occurs on the DVR and 2 regular boxes. I have hit the exit button to get out of the screen, but there it is again the next time I turn on the TV, nearly every time for the non-DVR boxes. I do not use any apps, and I have left the receivers tuned usually to a local channel when I shut it off.

I'm running 2.4.29140.12

Message 15 of 138
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us!

Additional Support