bobbambam's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 20th, 2014 1:04 AM

Uverse Error Code: 0 - Failed to load resource

I'm getting this message on the screens of the TVs in my house. It appears when I first turn on a TV:

Error Code: 0 - Failed to load resource

Kx: Faile to load resource

Web exception: the remote name could not be resolved

Socket exception: No such host is known.

Anyone know what's up, and what can be done about it?

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

Did you know... SEC Network is an app channel?  So is The Weather Channel.

Also, I noticed that my set tops defaulted to On Demand when they rebooted after the upgrade.  On Demand may also be implemented as an app channel.  This may indicate an issue with the local VHO On Demand service, maybe?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

Thank you for everyone that has reported this. We apologize about the inconveniences and are investigating it. It appears that the error message is appearing to some, but it should only appear once. Press the Exit button as @Kong57 suggested to get out of it. If you are still having issues, please send a message to us by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

-David T

Mentor

• 

74 Messages

9 years ago

It looks like there was another update last night or early this morning (10/21 in San Jose, CA area at least) and this problem appears to be fixed.

I could easily reproduce the problem by rebooting my wireless receiver which I always need to do of course when I move it between two TV's in different rooms.  I've tried rebooting now at least twice and the problem no longer appears. 

I SPOKE TOO SOON - PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED! %$#$#$#@

...I just had to wait a little longer before the message appeared.

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

9 years ago

I've been getting the same error on the DVR and a second receiver. It's happened several times. I'm pretty sure it started after the most recent update. Glad to see I'm not alone.

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

9 years ago

Mine went away for awhile but now it's back. It's more of an annoyance than anything, since it's easy to make disappear. Most everyone I know with Uverse is having the same problem, so I guess eventually it will go away. I don't remember seeing it unitl after the last update.

Guru

• 

1K Messages

9 years ago

The error message has continued for me as well, and I PMd AT&T Customer Care as David T suggested.  A number of posters have mentioned that this problem began after an update, and it occurs to me that I don't think I've gotten a recent update.  My version is currently 2.4.29140.22--is there a newer update, or am I actually current?  I know that updates roll out over time, so if I don't have it yet, this problem may have nothing to do with the update.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

docbombay, 2.4.xxx is the new release (came out starting the end of June this year; I just got it a couple weeks ago).

This message is normally associated with the receiver trying to talk to an application server.  Have you noticed being tuned to any particular channel when this appears?  

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

I have been having the same issue as the OP since the latest update a couple weeks ago. Issue occurs on the DVR and 2 regular boxes. I have hit the exit button to get out of the screen, but there it is again the next time I turn on the TV, nearly every time for the non-DVR boxes. I do not use any apps, and I have left the receivers tuned usually to a local channel when I shut it off.

I'm running 2.4.29140.12

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@ATTU-verseCare wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for everyone that has reported this. We apologize about the inconveniences and are investigating it. It appears that the error message is appearing to some, but it should only appear once. Press the Exit button as @Kong57 suggested to get out of it. If you are still having issues, please send a message to us by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

-David T

@ATTU-verseCare - Noticed it again on Monday.  Once per box.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am getting the same error message when I select OnDemand options.  I just chatted with an ATT employee and was told a technician needs to come out because there is a problem with my line and it could cost me $99 to repair.   I find it hard to believe that everything else works except for OnDemand and it's a problem that needs a technician....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.