Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Upgraded from Basic cable to U200

Highlighted
Contributor

Upgraded from Basic cable to U200

Saturday I called AT&T to upgrade from basic to U200.  They made the change and told me that the earliest a Tech can come to my apartment is on Thursday and scheduled the appointment.  I was under the impression that since I already have a receiver and all the equipment needed, they could just grant access to the channels I am not subscribed to without coming to my apartment.  It will be hard for me to be home during the window scheduled but she told me that the appointment was necessary.  I also asked if I would be able to view any of the added channels online in the meantime and she said no, I would have to wait until my appointment Thursday which I also thought was odd.

Is this all correct information?  Juuust hoping she was mistaken...

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Message 1 of 3
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎01-11-2016 8:43 AM

Re: Upgraded from Basic cable to U200

The u200 includes a FREE DVR instead of a basic receiver.... 

The tech installation is to install the DVR, as far as channels before hand, can see if you can get 602 up (ESPN channels) included on u200. If ordered HD then try 1602/up. If the channels are not working before tech visit, then the tech will need to preform a release for the hold on the account.

You just need someone 18 or older to be at residence during the scheduled time frame.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Upgraded from Basic cable to U200

Perrrfect!  Thanks for the quick response!

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support