Carlin30's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 9th, 2014 1:06 AM

Unhappy Fan

According to my program guide, the New Orleans Saints - Saint Louis Rams game should be on the NFL Network. It is on my iPad and my husband's laptop, but not on the TV! I called customer service and received absolutely no help and was disconnected. Can someone explain why this is happening?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

You didn't state where you are located, but where you would watch the games depends on  your location.  Most could view it on the NFL Network expect for the locations shown below:

New Orleans @ St. Louis
Joel Meyers, Sean Kelley, John Stinchcomb
WVUE (FOX/8 - New Orleans)
Cox Sports Television
WPMI (NBC/15 - Mobile AL)
8:00 ET
NFLN
Andrew Siciliano, Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt
KTVI (FOX/2 - St. Louis)
KWTV (CBS/9 - Oklahoma City)
WLMT (CW/30 - Memphis)
KFVS (CBS/12 - Cape Girardeau MO)
KQFX (FOX/22 - Columbia MO)
KRBK (FOX/49 - Springfield MO)
KFJX (FOX/14 - Joplin MO)
WBUI (CW/23 - Springfield IL)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@Carlin30 wrote:
According to my program guide, the New Orleans Saints - Saint Louis Rams game should be on the NFL Network. It is on my iPad and my husband's laptop, but not on the TV! I called customer service and received absolutely no help and was disconnected. Can someone explain why this is happening?

What are you seeing on 1630 (630) because it's on here.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

that explains it then.... i live in the baton rouge dma.....and the saints game was not shown on the nfl network....i told that to some people that only cox sports..which uverse does not carry and channel 8 from new orleans will be showing the game ....if it was not on the nfl network.....they had another game on the nfl network......but the red zone channel was active....so i watched some of it

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Why should location matter ... we all pay for the service and the TV listings guide did not stipulate location would matter?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

By the way, I live in Biloxi, Mississippi.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

NFL Network has, and publishes, one nation-wide schedule.  That is what U-verse's channel guide provider obtained and included in the feed with all the other channels.

For financial considerations to the TV stations local to the teams, NFL Network will blackout some games.  In that way, people will have to watch the local channels and see the local channel's ads.  This is a decision of the NFL Team/NFL/NFL Network.  Technically, the video provider (such as U-verse) must black out these games in the appropriate areas.  It would be nice if the providers could also black out the schedule, but I don't know if any actually do that.  Given that it's a national channel on a national feed, and therefore a national schedule, it may not be possible given the infrastructure.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.