svd's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 1:29 PM

Unable to keep Encore channel recording scheduled

Apologize in advance if the answer has been explained before.  I have attempted to schedule a recording of "The Butterfly Effect" on at least 12 different times.  Within a couple of days, it disappears from my scheduled recordings, and I don't understand why this is.  Movie is scheduled for Encore and Encore West channels on Apr. 14th.  I have tried to schedule the recording from the search box on two different boxes in my house.  I've tried from my phone as well.  I've tried different recording options as well.  I have 70% of my HDD open in the DVR.  Can someone fill me in?  I was able to record in Encore 5 min. in advance of the movie Married to the Mob last night, so I know it's not a channel thing.  The scheduled recording disappears during the day, I've noticed, too.  It was there yesterday morning, but then it was gone after I got home from work.  I have scheduled 4-5 separate showtimes, and they all, always disappear from the list.  TIA.

P.S.: This forum is picky about registry names.  It called my last name obscene.  VANDYK3 is not obscene guys.  Also, I couldn't use my daughter's name Grace because we're not allowed to use the word "ace".  LOLZ.   

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

622 Messages

11 years ago

I suggest you set up a manual (i.e. specify the date and start/stop times) recording for The Butterfly Effect.

As for the objectionable word, d-y-k-e (I can't spell it without the dashes as the forum rejects the post for having "prohibited content") isn't allowed, and either "dyk" or "dyk3" (the latter being a "leet" spelling of the word) might be close enough to trigger it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks TDG. I'll see about that manual recording then. Does this happen often? Any explanation out there? I'm about 3 weeks new to Uverse having been a TWC subscriber since the '80's. Would hate to find out that I will be missing a bunch of my movie recordings without any notice.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

svd - It is very disturbing to not get expected recordings. I have not personally experienced any failure on individual shows. I have not seen other posts about the problem.

I have experienced two chronic cases of failure on series recordings of syndicated shows that appear daily on multiple times on multiple channels. The first case just started working. The second case finally did work when I last set up the recordings.

For individual shows the timed recording is a great idea. It is not available for series. I think I did a timed recording once & it showed up with the name of the show.

Microsoft is paranoid about theft of material. It is possible that there is something preventing you from recording that particular show. Of course, it deserves an error message instead of just not recording. Try scheduling a recording just before it airs.

You do subscribe to Encore?? I do not. When I try to record the sunday shwing I get an error message. I did see an ad that there is a free preview of Encore this WE - including recording. I will try it when the viewing is available.

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

11 years ago

Please check you private messages....

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

I have the exact problem with "House Hunters: International" on HGTV (1450).  I find the program either in the Guide or through a search (or use the "More showtimes" feature) and hit record.  It puts them in the Scheduled list and says "Will record in HD".  It does not.  I set them up 1-5 days in advance and the next day I look at the scheduled recordings and they are gone.  All other recordings, individual or series, are still there.  Manual recordings on HGTV 1450 seem to work.  I *used* to have issues with series recordings like Amazing Race, which would randomly skip/remove individual shows periodically for no known reason, but that seems to have cleared up.  There are no conflicts with other scheduled recordings, space or bandwidth issues on the current problem.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

kpaustin - Yesterday I scheduled "the Butterfly effect" on 1932 Sun 2:35 pm by the search method.

Your post reminded me to check it. It is gone.

I scheduled again. Will check the schedule tomorrow.

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

11 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
kpaustin - Yesterday I scheduled "the Butterfly effect" on 1932 Sun 2:35 pm by the search method.

Your post reminded me to check it. It is gone.

I scheduled again. Will check the schedule tomorrow.

aviewer,

I also scheduled "the Butterfly effect" on 1932 Sun 2:35 pm, but I used the EPG single tap method, and it's still there. Aviewer...please try to reschedule it using the EPG and single tap method and see if that sticks.

This is some good info guys, thanks!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Fox - That opens a whole different can of worms.

When I first saw the red button recording I was really impressed, I really liked it. But, I had to give it up as unreliable.. Why? Because the remote is unreliable - Because the delay of processing in the STB magnifies the frustration of the unreliable IR.

Press the red button twice for series - nothing happens - press it again & instead of getting a series recording, it is deleted.

If the IR & STB worked better, the third push of the red button doing a delete would be great. Since it is not, how about disabling the delete on the third button push.

So, I called up the guide & deleted the recording & reschedule the recording on the guide by selecting it and using the menu.

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

11 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
Fox - That opens a whole different can of worms.

When I first saw the red button recording I was really impressed, I really liked it. But, I had to give it up as unreliable.. Why? Because the remote is unreliable - Because the delay of processing in the STB magnifies the frustration of the unreliable IR.

Press the red button twice for series - nothing happens - press it again & instead of getting a series recording, it is deleted.

If the IR & STB worked better, the third push of the red button doing a delete would be great. Since it is not, how about disabling the delete on the third button push.

So, I called up the guide & deleted the recording & reschedule the recording on the guide by selecting it and using the menu.

Thanks aviewer, I appreciate it. I also get ahead of the taps on that red button!!! 🙂 I have to slow down and wait for the red dot to appear.

Let me know if it goes away again. I'll check back.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

The recording of "the Butterfly effect" scheduled yesterday via selection/record in the guide was on the scheduled list yesterday & is NOT there today.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.