For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
em.e.white's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 4:04 PM

Closed

UVerse keeps freezing, losing signal

While I'm watching tv, the channel continues to freeze and then say the signal has been lost. It comes back within a minute or two, but is super frustrating because it's happening every few minutes. Some channels are worse than others. If I play on demand or a recording it doesn't do it, it's only with the live tv so it's super frustrating. Any ideas?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

me too.  DISH worked great for years...sorry I switched to AT & T

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I've had this happen since day 1, mostly on HD channels.  It ruins all the movies I I've recorded.  I switched from DISH/xfinity and sorry I did.  Their service and quality was much, much better!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Chorizo wrote:

So what are good numbers for the items requested in the table?

Your numbers look pretty good.  A small number of FEC.  No CRC.  Your Max rates provide good margins above your actual sync rates.  Are you having issues?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

6 years ago

@jenjen55 wrote:

I've had this happen since day 1, mostly on HD channels.  It ruins all the movies I I've recorded.  I switched from DISH/xfinity and sorry I did.  Their service and quality was much, much better!

Have you considered providing the table like the gentleman above?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

DSL : Physical Line 1
Type Since Current Current Time Since
Period Reset 24-hr int. 15-min int. Last Event
Link Retrains 24 1 0 0:15:00
DSL Training Errors 0 0 0 0:00:00
Training Timeouts 0 0 0 0:00:00
Loss of Framing Failures 305 13 0 0:16:02
Loss of Signal Failures 24 1 0 0:16:01
Loss of Power Failures 0 0 0 0:00:00
Loss of Margin Failures 134 6 0 0:16:04
Cu. Seconds w/Errors 366 13 0 0:16:02
Cu.  Sec. w/Severe Errors 361 13 0 0:16:02
Corrected Blocks 17690 175 0 0:16:14
Uncorrectable Blocks 192050 7045 0 0:16:02
DSL Unavailable Seconds 1887 75 0 0:15:00
DSL : Physical Line 2
Link Retrains 24 1 0 0:15:00
DSL Training Errors 0 0 0 0:00:00
Training Timeouts 0 0 0 0:00:00
Loss of Framing Failures 296 10 0 0:15:58
Loss of Signal Failures 24 1 0 0:15:57
Loss of Power Failures 0 0 0 0:00:00
Loss of Margin Failures 158 8 0 0:16:05
Cu.  Seconds w/Errors 364 17 0 0:15:58
Cu.  Sec. w/Severe Errors 357 17 0 0:15:58
Corrected Blocks 4990 202 0 0:16:14
Uncorrectable Blocks 191538 9006 0 0:15:58
DSL Unavailable Seconds 1916 75 0 0:15:00
DSL : Aggregated Information
Loss of Framing Failures 601 23 0 0:15:58
Cu. Seconds w/Errors 27 1 0 0:16:02
Cu. Sec. w/Severe Errors 27 1 0 0:16:02
Corrected Blocks 22680 377 0 0:16:14
Uncorrectable Blocks 383588 16051 0 0:15:58

This is how mines look. I was told that “Seems like you’re not the only one having this issue” from the tech. And never heard back from my situation. And tech support in India says everything is fine and just reset everything. But issue keeps happening. Whole system goes out at specific times of the day like it is programmed to. Very disappointing when my wife works from home and the system goes out during her meetings everyday around 9am. 

• 

2 Messages

Uverse has got to be the worst cable service. I have yet to get through a single show or movie . It freezes and loses signal and takes several minutes to come back on. We have had many techs come out,all cables and equipment have been replaced in my home and out to the street. They have never been able to fix it. I wish I had known how bad they were I never would have signed on. In the time it has taken to write this,the signal has been lost twice. Yesterday a tech was out ,oh there it goes again,a tech was out and replaced cables again.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My U-verse did the same thing from day one. The tech changed out the box
that transmits the signal. It fixed the problem. Sorry I don’t know what
the box is called. (It is not the wireless access point box or the
router.). Tell them to get you new equipment. Maybe that will help.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

They already changed the gateway/modem for the same issue. It seemed to get worse with the signal. I would have to change channels for it to come back on no matter what channel I’m on. The biggest issue is that the whole system goes down for a few minutes around the same time everyday several times a day. It’s like AT&T has it programmed to do that everyday. It did it on the first and current equipment. AT&T seems to not know what’s going on but they claim there is not a problem they can see. It’s a bit frustrating that we pay all this money for the highest service but can only use it 60% of the time. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

6 years ago

@KennyE01, I reformatted your output so I could read it.  You appear to be having intermittent signal issues between your gateway and the VRAD.  At the point you took the snapshot, the line had been fine for 16 minutes, but sometime in the previous 24 hours both lines needed to retrain (which means loss of service or a minute or two).  Since your last stats reset (probably last boot), this has happened 24 times, showing a cumulative error time of 6 minutes (which I don't think includes the time it's going through the retrains).  Another thing to note is that you have more hard (CRC) errors than soft (Corrected) errors.  This leads me to believe that some source of interference is coming on and going off and causing your issue.  That source of interference could be a street light, a noisy power supply in your home, a nearby radio operator, or a million other things. 

However, it's hard to troubleshoot that, even when the tech is onsite, if the source of noise isn't generating it when the tech has his test equipment on the line.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Good evening,

Hoping someone can help. All TVs in the house (3 in use) are becoming pixelated, freezing, then losing signal every 5 to 15 minutes all day & all night.

We've checked & re-checked everything we can thing of. This started a week ago and has never happened in all the time we've had AT&T U-Verse/Frontier.

I've copied & pasted our broadband status, if anyone can help me decipher it. I'm out of ideas. The next step is to have a tech come out. I've spoken to several reps and each time I do, the cable connection appears to get better. Within 5 to 24 hours, it's back to no signal. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kathy

DSL Status
  Downstream Upstream
Line StateUp
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps)32339
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps)5041
Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)68868
Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)5041
ModulationVDSL2
Data PathInterleaved
SN Margin (dB)24.10
Line Attenuation (dB)19.60
Output Power(dBm)14.2-13.6
Errored Seconds00
Loss of Signal00
Loss of Frame00
FEC Errors32370
CRC Errors00
IPv6
StatusAvailable
Global Unicast IPv6 Address2602:252:d3e:7620::/60
Border Relay IPv4 Address32.223.104.10
IPv4 Statistics
Transmit Packets12425669
Transmit Errors0
Transmit Discards6
IPv6 Statistics
Transmit Packets0
Transmit Errors0
Transmit Discards0

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Anonymous, your numbers, which indicate the quality of the signal between the Gateway and AT&T's network look pretty good.  Which now sends me to looking at the network between the Gateways and the DVR and the other TV Receivers:

1. How are they connected (Coax, Ethernet, Wi-Fi?)  
  2. If Wi-Fi, you do have a dedicated WAP from AT&T and it's at least 3 feet away from the Gateway?
  3. If Coax (especially the DVR), have you made sure all the connections are tight at each wall plate and the back of the device?
  4. If Ethernet, do you have a cable going directly from each TV Receiver to the Gateway, or are you using an Ethernet Switch?  If a switch, what else is on that switch?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.