Explore & discover

Helpful Links

U-verse signal has been lost

Contributor

U-verse signal has been lost

With so much frequency that I want to scream, I get the signal lost error message a lot. I’ve spoken with U-verse technical support many times and yet the problem persists. If I can’t solve it soon, I will find another provider. 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: U-verse signal has been lost

Have you had a technician out? Have they replaced equipment?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Yes, more than once and each says that what the prior technician did was wrong and their solution will work.  It never works for long.  As a result of a recent call with AT&T support, a new wireless (our system is wireless) receiver was sent out and we swapped the old box for it.  Same problem persists.  

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

If it's a signal problem with a wireless receiver how many signal strength bars show on the front of the receiver?  3 is marginal.  4-5 is best.  If this is a signal strength problem move the WAP around to try to get a better signal.  Possibly use a longer ethernet cable on the WAP to give you more freedom to move it around.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

No tech has been called...

Trying to investigate this problem first

Can't find signal strength bars???

Only have power light and HD on

Compared this receiver to one working in den and I don't have a link light on????

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support