Explore & discover

Helpful Links

U-verse picture is cut off irregardless of picture size set on TV

Contributor

U-verse picture is cut off irregardless of picture size set on TV

I have a new 50" Samsung Smart TV and also have an antenna hooked up to the TV.  So why on U-verse some of the picture is cut off no matter what picture size I set it on, but when I switch to antenna TV, the picture is never cut off?  Is there some way to adjust U-verse?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by NTTU784
‎12-10-2016 9:48 AM

Re: U-verse picture is cut off irregardless of picture size set on TV

Check the settings on the STB.  Menu>Options>TV Screen Resolution

There's also a Zoom option.  Zoom/Enter (bottom right on remote)

I use the 1080i setting on the Resolution screen and Normal on the Zoom setting for all 3 of my HD TVs.  Only if I'm watching an old movie or sitcom do I have to use the Zoom feature in order to fill the screen.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

With ATT picture set to 1080 and zoomed to full screen picture is cutoff. Letters are cutoff on left and right. Changing to standard, wide, 720 or 1080 with no zoom does not help. 

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

With ATT picture set to 1080 and zoomed to full screen picture is cutoff. Letters are cutoff on left and right. Changing to standard, wide, 720 or 1080 with no zoom does not help.

@Rwat54  As @skeeterintexas suggested above you probably should leave the dvr/receiver set at 1080i and normal zoom.  But you also should realize your tv has it's own zoom settings as well.  So you need to play around with that as well.  You use your tv's remote to set that.  Check your tv's user manual for how to control its zoom settings.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support