For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
NewUVCust's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 7th, 2019 1:34 PM

U-verse on the go

How do i sign in and watch u-verse and recorded shows from my laptop?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

The Uverse app is compatible with:

• iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® (iOS 9.3 and above)
  • Android® smartphones and tablets (OS 4.4 and above)
  • Android wearables (Android WearTM OS) Amazon Fire TV devices
  •  

You can watch LIVE and ON DEMAND programs and program your DVR with the app.  DVR content is not available to watch. on the app or remotely. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Do U-Verse plan on additional option to watch recorded shows on the go and this didn't answer question regarding watching from laptop because you can't add app to laptop.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

The option to watch recorded programs remotely has never been available with UVerse.  So the answer to your first question is "No".

If your computer does not utilize one of the formats listed (and it most likely does not), then the answer to your second question is also "No".  Some customers have posted about a program that will convert Android apps for access on PCs but others have stated that it didn't work.

It is what it is.

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

3 years ago

I understand not allowing remote viewing on u-verse because at&t doesn't want to pay the higher licensing fees. 

But it's ridiculous that they got rid of the web access for managing DVR.  The phone app is slow and hard to scroll through.

U-verse used to have a perfectly good remote DVR management system and they shut it down.  U-verse continues to lose features as At&t tries to force customers to the far inferior at&t tv system.  

Also the app is a (Edited per community guidelines).  It NEVER gets the recording space available correct.  Right now it tells me I have 16% /60hoursSD/22hoursHDwhen I actually have only 7%/32hoursSD/12hoursHD.  

The remote control functions of the app stopped working 2 years ago.  

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 years ago

Having to wake up and unlock my phone made it a pain to try to use as a remote control in the first place.  The inability to control the TV (volume/mute) from the app also contributed.  Thirdly, having to be on the same LAN as the TV Receiver was a complication... thus losing the remote didn't seem such a big loss to me.

I'm thinking the decision to shutdown the website was also based largely on having to maintain and keep secure yet another web portal.  They wanted to focus their resources on the app, and that's what they did.  The web portal I do miss.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

3 years ago

Everything you said is spot on @madmax988  including many more issues not listed, but really it’s time to stop kicking this dead horse to death.  If you want something that’s actively being supported and enhanced, look elsewhere.

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

3 years ago

I would stop IF att didn't have a MONOPOLY/ duopoly on TV services.  My options are basically uverse/directtv/att tv all owned by att and all with their own issues. Or comcast which has its own issues.  

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

3 years ago

Same here.   I’m thinking about trying att tv again.   The Uverse TV ship sailed a long time ago.  
Because we see no signs of fiber from att, Comcast tech looks better to me all the time.   

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

3 years ago

Att tv is not worth it.  There are way too many restrictions.  Doesn't have all my local channels.  90 day dvr expiration.  Max 30 recordings per show. Slow channel changing/loading. High price per channel.  The list goes on.. at that point you are better off cutting the cord.  

Not to mention they are constantly changing terms. Although at leat they partially solved the 3 stream limit.  

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

3 years ago

Well then, there you have it.  U-verse TV is EOL, no longer being enhanced, and you take it for what is, paying top dollar for obsolete technology.  But I like to think we have a choice.  
One more point to consider.  I believe att will waive the unlimited data fee on their internet product if you have a TV product as well.  Comcast does not have such an option last time I checked.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.