Junktruck's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018 1:53 AM

U-verse channel lineups

I'm going to purchase a triple bundle package with U-verse but cannot find which channels I would receive with the different packages. Such as the U200, Says I will get 360 channels but not what they are. Would really like to know that before I purchase!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Here's a general list of what uverse carries as a function of their tiers:

List of AT&T U-verse channels

Here's uverse's own site list where you have to enter your zip code:

U-verse TV channel lineup

I mentioned the first one because it's faster to bring up and easier to read albeit not specific to you zip so local channels cannot be shown.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Those listings do show what channels are in what packages (u-basic, u-family, u200, u300, u450).  Don't think of it in terms of number of channels.  Think of it in the terms of those packages. 

So using your example, Travel Channel, and using the first listing I linked to above, the Travel Channel is on 254 and 255 (east and west feeds, HD on 1254 and 1255, always add a 1000 to the non-HD channel to find the HD counterpart, if any) and is only available on U200, U300, and U450.  You can find specific channels in that listing by using your browser's own search function.  That's how I was able to find Travel Channel on that listing page since I didn't know it's channel number.

At any rate, just go down the column for a particular package and look for what's checked to tell you that channel is in that package.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the links to the total U-verse lineup. I was actually looking for the channels offered within a specific package such as U-verse Family or U-verse 200. Example; I want the Travel channel but I can't find the channels offered within any of the packages. So do I purchase the 150 channel package or the 500 channel package. There's no way for me to know what's in any of their packages

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks again
I was only able to access the second or bottom link which looked to be a total listing of all channels. I was not able to open the top link because it said my zip code 95963 for Orland Ca. was not a valid 5 digit zip code. Have tried several times with no luck. I read that U-verse tv will be dropped by att soon so I will start trying to find Direct TV packages.
Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you, that really helped me. My main need was for the news channels, History, National geographic, Travel, etc.
But as I said in my last reply, I read that att will soon drop U-verse TV & it users will need to switch to Direct TV. Have you heard anything about that?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I was only able to access the second or bottom link which looked to be a total listing of all channels. I was not able to open the top link because it said my zip code 95963 for Orland Ca. was not a valid 5 digit zip code.

The first link I gave you was the zip code independent general table.  Anyone should be able to see that.  The second link is the att link that requires a zip code.  So I assume your statement just mixed up which is which.  Still, I don't understand why the one requiring a zip code doesn't work.

I read that U-verse tv will be dropped by att soon so I will start trying to find Direct TV packages.

And let me guess the source of that; someone trying to push DirecTV or a quote from someone representing DirecTV.  Its their favorite sales tactic and they been pushing it for years.  Uverse is not going away.  Maybe someday they may be merged in some way but I doubt att would sacrifice the millions of uverse users would would never switch to using a dish -- like me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

It is time AT&T started offering Al La Carte menu for viewing. We watch movie channels occasional PBS local news, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, and several business news and international news stations. in total most likely 25 stations. The only reason we have U-verse 300 is to get the 20 stations we watch for $140 a month. Without competition AT&T and the other majors providers can charge a lot for so little service.

How would AT&T respond?  Will AT&T respond?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

can anyone tell me what channel on directv is the same as family entertainment channel 57 on u verse?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Anyone know if these channel line-ups can be found in Excel format anywhere? I have been searching but, haven't found anything so far. I want to be able to sort and print smaller "FAVORITES" lists, for example, at least until we get used to this new system.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.