chris1184's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 5:13 PM

Closed

U-verse channel guide

Hello, I just got uverse yesterday and was wondering if there is any way to program the guide to only show the channels that are available to me.  I hate pressing the guide button and being taken to the entire list of channels and going through ones i do not have to get to the ones i do have.  I added a favorites and i know i can go to the other menu where i can select my package and be shown the channels i have but is there a way to maybe program the guide button to always take me to the guide menu i want to go to??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

I'm afraid it is on a box by box basis.  You will have to hide the channel on each box.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

You can hide the channel that you do not wish to see in the Guide.

Menu -->  Options --> System Options --> Channel Options --> Hide channels

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Yes i saw that, very annoying though to go through all that...one more question about that then..if i do that on one set top box will it keep those settings just for that box or is it connected to my account somehow where every tv will save the settings i change on one?  I hope so, that way i don't have to do it twice.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

alrightey! thanks 🙂

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I was supposed to get an e-mail of the channel guide since most of thr channels were change and I did not. I have 5 T.V's hooked o U Verse and it would be nice to get the guide,

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

If you get the quarterly UGuide, it has the channel listing in each one, that's as close to a printed channel guide from ATT. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Yes, hiding channels is the only way to reduce the huge list that appears when you use the guide.  ATT has managed to make this an arduous task however because you must first seach through all channels to see which ones you get and make some kind of list, then go back in one at a time to check that one.  And it is made more difficult by the fact that you cant scroll down the list to hide a channel, you have to go through it one at a time.  Terrible.  For instance if you want to hide channel 998, you have to open the hide channel list and use the down arrow one at a time until you get to 998.  Now you place a check mark and hide this channel.  It would be so much easier if you could choose 998 and have the cursor move directly to that spot.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

jimoswald - Yes, the hide channel process is ridiculous.

How about doing favorites - fewer channels to process - direct access to each channel - While watching a channel press enter (bottom right) press OK - channel is now on favorites list/guide.
Disadvantage - to view favorites guide - three buttons - enter-down arrow- ok Instead of one (guide)
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.